Chapter 6 -An old Friend-

"Ouch" I groaned after falling off the windowsill and landing on the floor. Somehow I had managed to fall asleep there last night and had remained in that uncomfortable position. My back cracked as I stood up and I slowly stretched out my arms, yawning in the process. Rubbing my eyes, I looked over at the clock near my bed and immediately began dashing around like a mad woman.

There was only ten minutes until my first class and my roommates had chosen not to be so kind as to wake me up. Quickly pulling on my robes and brushing my teeth I stumbled out the door and sprinted through the hallways to get to Transfiguration. Hopefully McGonagall won't be too pissed if I'm late because the last thing I need is that woman to yell at me. Rushing through the corridors, I arrive just in time and slip my way into the classroom.

Thankfully, everyone is still getting seated and I begin to walk to my assigned seat next to Adrian Pucey. While walking I hear snickers and laughter emerge from my fellow classmates but brush them off. I sit down and begin laying out my books to prepare for the class but stop when I hear Pucey gasp next to me. Looking over I notice he had his eyes focused on my clothing and I slowly look down .

My robes which where once normal, now had the words "Slytherin Bitch" sprawled all over them in clearly visible lettering. I snapped my head up to catch the looks of everyone around me laughing hysterically and pointing their fingers in my direction.Instead of letting out a bloodcurdling scream I did something that surprised everyone including myself, I laughed.

However, this was no ordinary laugh, this was a laugh only a Slytherin could produce. A laugh so bone chilling and cold it made everyone's hairs stand up on end and fear develop in their eyes. I had never felt such rage in my life, sure it was just a prank but it felt like all the anger I had stored up in my entire life was about to be released. Every single stare and every single whisper regarding my house and status and apparent "evil nature" flooded my mind.

Stupid fucking stereotypes and all the times I've been called a snake made my blood boil even further. Now, it had all amounted to this, being called a Slytherin bitch. This insulting name had been embroidered for everyone to see, into my favorite robes that I had begged Narcissa to buy me all summer .It was a permanent reminder that no matter how hard I try to show people that Slytherin's aren't evil nothing would change.

You're probably thinking that I'm being dramatic which I suppose you're right but it feels as though in this moment being anything but enraged is just plain wrong. So after letting out that cold and menacing laugh I slowly stood and without saying a word I packed up my belongings and walked out the door. I'm not sure if McGonagall called out to me or not because with all this anger my ears were ringing like crazy.

I continued to walk and let my feet carry me to nowhere in particular. Not only until I looked up did I realize I was on the outskirts of the grounds near the forbidden forest. I sat down on the grass and looked out at the school with no emotions whatsoever in my eyes. If anyone were to see me they may have thought my soul had been sucked out by a dementor.

Suddenly, a twig snapped and I darted my eyes next to me only to be met with the stare of a familiar dog. The rugged canine that I had seen wandering the grounds last night was now seated beside me with his tongue hanging out. His dark grey eyes bore into mine and I thought I saw a trace of concern hidden within them. My hand instinctively reached out to run through it's fur which although tangled, was surprisingly soft.The dog let out a small bark and a slight smile edged its way onto my face while I continued to stroke the dog's fur. Looking around, I saw no one was present so oddly enough I decided that I might as well vent to someone.

"Okay so I know you don't understand me but seeing as you're one of the only living things who will willingly be near me I think I'm going to tell you why I'm out here." I whispered to the dog and I could've sworn he nodded his head. So as I sat next to the furry creature I poured out all the anger I was feeling and explained my story. I spoke to the dog as though he were a long lost friend and told him everything from my name to what had happened to my robes without leaving out any details.