chapter 34

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche

34.

There was a loud knock on the door which was followed by two more quick ones. My mind immediately registered and recognized the familiar pattern.

It was Beta Jonathan.

We decided that aside from mind-linking, it would be best to have some sort of a secret knock to verify that it is one of our pack members outside the door to ensure security.

Trying my hardest to not trip in my four inch heels, I successfully managed to walk towards the bedroom door and open it.

"All ready, Alpha?" A well-dressed Jonathan greeted me with a grin, his left arm interlocked with Ella. He was wearing a three-piece suit accompanied by a red tie which complemented the evening silk gown his mate was wearing.

I greeted them both with a warm smile, "Yes, just waiting on Ashlee."

"Just a second, I am almost done!" A panicked Ashlee shouted from the bathroom. "Don't leave without me!"

Jonathan checked his watch and answered in a sarcastic manner, "Take your time, we are definitely not getting late."

He was right; we were running quite a bit behind schedule. Around two hours after we had arrived at the Lycan Committee, Lukas came knocked at our door to inform us about the timings of the event and how after we were done getting ready; we were supposed to meet him at the foyer so he could guide us towards the ballroom.

"You look beautiful, Vivian." Ella took a step forward in my direction and kissed both of my cheeks.

"As do you, Beta-Female." I turned towards Beta Jonathan and winked, "You might want to keep her close to you tonight."

He lovingly gazed at Ella and brought her hand which was interlinked towards his lips to place a soft kiss on it, "I am already on it, Alpha."

I could feel my wolf swooning. It was a wonderful feeling to see two people sharing mutual love and respect for each other and not shying away from expressing it.

The feeling of love brought the protective side of my wolf outside who began to wonder about our pack.

"Did we receive word from the pack?" I mind-linked as I felt it was a much safer way to communicate.

"Yes, I contacted both Chief Warrior Xavier and your Mother. Everything and everyone is good... but we need to make sure we keep our eyes open tonight. The threat -."

"I'm here, let's go!" Ashlee came out hopping out of the bathroom on one leg. She was flailing one of her heel in her hand in a desperate attempt to wear it on the leg which was in air.

After stumbling around for a few seconds, she surprising succeeded and joined us at the door with a huge grin, "All done!"

My clumsy self would've definitely fallen on the ground and knocked her teeth out if she did something like that.

"And what a sight it would've been," My wolf mused.

"Since everyone is finally ready, shall we?"