Moody and Ferrets

The storm had blown itself out by the following morning, though the ceiling in the Great Hall was still gloomy; heavy clouds of pewter gray swirled overhead as Ron, Hermione, Harry, and Estella examined their new course schedules at breakfast. A few seats along, Fred, George, and Lee were discussing magical methods of aging themselves and bluffing their way into the Triwizard Tournament, which Sienna shook her head at.

"Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures...damn it, we're still with the Slytherins..."

"Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned, looking down.

"Harry, you should've given it up like Hermione and me," said Estella, pouring syrup onto her french toast.

"Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy," added Hermione.

Later that day, Estella found herself in the library with Hermione, Sienna, and Ginny while Ron and Harry were at double Divination.

"Stella," called out Sienna.

Estella's eyes drifted from her Herbology assignment and to the girl.

"Sienna," she replied.

"Are you finally ready to admit what's going on with you and Harry?" she asked, smirkingly, gaining the attention of Hermione and Ginny.

"You and Harry? What's going on with you and Harry?" Ginny gasped, looking pleasantly surprised.

"There's nothing going on. I thought you were going to drop it, S," Estella groaned. The last thing she wanted to do was tell everyone without knowing if Harry was ready for people to know. Estella wasn't even sure if she was ready for people to know. She's always been stared at, seeing as she's the granddaughter of the mighty Dumbledore and daughter of the greatest Auror and profound spell creator, but Harry brought a different level of attention. She also didn't want to deal with persistent questions about him, especially considering the majority of Hogwarts wanted to go out with him. Estella didn't know how Sienna put up with the catty girls who liked George and would make snide comments.

Although, Hermione already knew what was going on between the two, given their conversion the previous night. There was also no way she wasn't going to tell her best friend what was going on.

"When have I ever dropped everything," she laughed.

"Hmm, well then, I guess it's time to tell everyone about the time I walked in on the broom closet where George had Sienna pinned against the wall with-"

"Hey!" Sienna laughed and slapped her arm.

"George? Gahhh, I can't and don't even want to imagine that," Ginny hissed, looking disgusted.

The table broke out into a fit of laughter, earning a hiss and sharp glare from Pince, the librarian, who ushered them from the library. It goes to say, Hermione was quite embarrassed; she'd never been kicked out before.

The four went their separate ways, Hermione and Estella meeting up with Ron and Harry at the entrance hall, which was packed with people queuing for dinner.

"A week's worth of homework!" Ron groaned.

"Lots of homework?" said Hermione brightly. "Professor Vector didn't give us any at all!"

They had just joined the end of the line when a loud voice rang out behind them.

"Weasley! Hey, Weasley!"

The four turned. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle were standing there, each looking thoroughly pleased about something.

"What?" said Ron shortly.