Vol 2 Chapter I

Like that, she suddenly woke up from her dream.
But it felt like she wasn't dreaming at all, rather... and just after she woke up, she forgot what she was dreaming about.
'Agh, my head,' she groaned as she sat up, and massaged her temples...
      Though for one thing, I certainly remember it was a bad dream...
    Thinking that, she slightly groaned as she fell back onto the bed.
   The first event will happen today, unfortunately for me.
'It... feels like it's going to be a bad day.'
     Whether it's because of what will happen today, or because of a nightmare, today's... --

  - 'A bad day.'
'What? Did you say something?' Emile asked as she glanced back at Phoenix.
   Field trip- that isn't an appropriate name for this event. Well, in the novel it was called 'The meeting under the stars' for some reason, so she had to improvise.
   It's like this: once in 75 years, portals would open. Magic portals that led to the fae forest.
    I think I heard the story in a fairy tale- the maid whose name I don't remember told me.
    When the moon turns blue, and shines beautifully, the faeries open a portal that only few chosen people can enter. A portal to a fae forest- it's ridiculous. Anyway, it's just a fairy tale for kids.
   But then again... maybe, it's not?
'Ah, we're here,' Emile stopped before her, blocking her view: 'I'm always late thanks to you- everyone's already gathered.'
   'Hmm?' she tilted her head to look past Emile since she was taller than her, and indeed... all the students were gathered.
   Ugh, too many people...
Quietly, they stood at the behind: '-prepared. We will divide you into ten groups in total, under the guidance of two teachers. Be aware that even though the fae forest has barely any magical creatures left now, there are still many, many dangers lurking.'
   That sounds annoying.
Seeing as the students were getting discouraged, the headmaster smiled:
    'The forest may be full of unknown dangers but...' the crowd's attention was pulled towards him like a magnet just with those words.
    '... in the end, it will be you who profit. I want to go in too, you know?' he laughed.
   'But I can't since I've already gone in once.'
   The joke eased up the mood a bit but... what's the big deal? Why is everyone making this more scary than it is?
    'Beside that, there's a legend about faeries of the river granting you blessings of beauty, strength, speed, and magic. Who knows? Maybe it's true.'
    Of course, it was true. The heroine and the male lead got blessed... huh? Right, the heroine and the male lead got blessed... they were blessed from the start. So they don't face any dangers with the protagonist halo...
    '- we will leave when the full moon rises in the sky. As for the portals, it will...'
The rest of the speech, I didn't hear thanks to the caterpillar squirming on the ground- I got distracted halfway through.
    She stared longingly at the green long insect: if only I was a caterpillar. I could spend my life eating, and squirming...
     'Hey,' Emile nudged her: 'They told us to stand there.'
   '...? Why?'
'What, they're dividing us into groups.'
    'Ah.'
Phoenix got dragged along by Emile, passing through the crowd: ugh, I wish I could miss it.
    Beside being way too crowded, it was also really loud and she bumped into people, a lot of times thanks to Emile.
   'Ugh, wait,' she said to Emile as she kept pulling her forward without any care at all- which resulted in her hitting someone so hard she almost fell back.
   'Ugh,' just as she looked up, she met ember red eyes, and black hair: huh, that's...!
    But before she could look at him more closely, Emile pulled her again, and Phoenix passed him. When she glanced back, she didn't find him again.
    'Phew, we're finally out.'
It feels like I'm seeing him almost everywhere I go...
   'Hey, it's good if we're in the same group, right?' Emile asked, bringing her attention back to her.
   Phoenix made an absolutely disgusted expression at her remark: 'Ugh, I'm hurt~'
   'But it looks like you're in the same group as your beloved, at least.'
   'Beloved?' she asked as she glanced at the large projection bourd made of clear blue light- magic probably.
   'Yeah, Ian.'
'Ian? Why is he...?' she suddenly realized even before she finished her sentence: 'You can see from here, right?'
    'Yeah, why?'
'... Do you see the name Selene White, there?'
   'Hm~ wait. My name's there.'
Damn it! That's not a good start.
   'Selene... oh, the crown prince's also in our group!'
   Damn it! It's for sure now, isn't it?
'Raymond? Oh the new kid who's really good looking, right? Wow~ but I don't see Selene anywhere...'
   It's over: I already know that she's-
'Oh, yeah. There it is!' she cried just as Phoenix saw Selene wave at her.
   'Wow, is our group already blessed?' she asked herself in a good mood, while Phoenix on the other hand was very~ dejected.
    Well, it's not in me to go out of my way to avoid the protagonists but... isn't this too much?
   In this group, there's no way I'll survive.
   Raymond attracts all kind of monsters, Ian is strong but that won't ensure our safety, Selene is the perfect prey, and the crown prince... well, he's just there.
   But you see, amidst all that chaos, who will become the victim?
   Of course, the mobs.
In other words, this group... is cursed.

A/N: sorry, I updated late and the chapter being short as well... but I got kinda into reading 'end and save.' My god, this webtoon(manga)- so hilarious.
   As for the questions, I'll write a separate part next week, answering them with spoilers if you want. So ask anything please... even spoilers...
   Btw, Phoenix isn't really the real villainess. She's one of those extras who pester the heroine and male lead's relationship. So the real villainess will appear soon~