The Girl Is Mine

Always remember that the key to a great story is the foundation (background) you build. So it'll always be a journey with us. Anyways happy reading.

Vote and Comment🥰

2011

"Melinda? Melinda? MEL!"

"Huh?" Melinda blinked registering where she was. Her sisters staring at her weirdly. There was an awkward best of silence before Melinda felt something drip on her chest. Looking down she noticed the tear. Her hands quickly wiping at her face.

"Mel......Brenda didn't mean that." June muttered lowly, her heart aching for her little sister. Melinda shrugged it off as more tears fell.

"....I...I'm happy for you." She forced out.

"That was low of me. I'm sorry for saying that. I shouldn't have." Brenda jumped in guilt settling over her. Melinda shrugged again rubbing her arms. Trying to stop the silent tears. The pity so high in her sisters eyes.

"Baby! We need to get another fire extinguisher. I just emptied...." Robert trailed off realizing they weren't alone. His eyes zoning on his wife in tears. A switch flipped in him. Walking over he ignored her sisters glaring at him.

"What they do to you baby?" He questioned, pulling her into his chest protectively. Brenda scowled seeing her sister latch onto him like he was her life line.

"Its what you did to her!! I get it was your dumbass that forced her to mortgage the house!" Brenda barked.

"That's our business." He responded glaring at her.

"Why are you doing this to her? Why are you using her?" June asked.

"I'm not using my wife. I love my wife!" He snapped at them. Melinda pulled away from Robert wiping her face. An argument brewing she didnt want to hear.

"Can we not..." She started getting overpowered by Brenda going off.

"You dont love her! She would be able to have kids and not have to work if you did! You're useless!"

"Why would you bring that up! If you know it bothers her! Mel tell them to leave! It's obvious they dont care about you." He barked her way, Melinda flinched looking at him and her sisters.

"Melinda wake up! You could lose the house! He's done more harm than good!" June hissed getting worked up.

"You dont care about her!" Robert yelled.

"You dont!" Brenda screeched.

I just remember the low blows back and forth. The screaming and yelling, I just....checked out. No one in that room cared about me foreal that day. At one point they got into a who's controlling match. My sisters so keen on controlling me my whole life. They just wanted to hit me with the "I told you so.". "But, Robert was controlling you too." No shit lady. I just wasnt aware....or maybe I was and just blocked it out."What happened next?" I just know after he put them out I became the object of his rage. I was all types of stupids and useless to him. He was so angry I didn't but in for him. All of a sudden I was a bad wife because he came to my rescue but I didn't come to his. He wouldn't calm down....he punched a hole through the wall that day...the first of many. I had to spend money I didn't have on plaster. After that whole ordeal I still had to get up and ready for my second job.

"If you vacuum first you'll be out before midnight." Melinda muttered to herself. She felt emotionally and physically drained today. Resting her head on the steering wheel she took a few heavy deep breaths. Willing up the energy to do what she had to. Office assistant by day, cleaner by night. That was her life. The two paychecks kept the lights on and food on the table, but didn't even touch her debt. Nevertheless she had started saving 20 dollars each check. If she didn't spend it she could keep it for dire emergencies.