Jersey

Ellie was walking with the Harry and Hermione as her girlfriend held the latest copy of The Daily Prophet.

"It's easy for them to get to you. You're bloody lucky you weren't killed. You have to realize who you are, Harry," Hermione scolded.

"I know who I am, Hermione, all right?" Harry replied coldly.

They came across Ron and Lavender who seemed to fussing over each other.

"Excuse me, I have to go vomit," Hermione excused herself, pulling Ellie with her.

"Don't we all?" Ellie joked, making Hermione giggle.

--

It was March 2nd, 1997, the day after Ron's birthday.

Early in the morning, Harry had told both Hermione and Ellie's of Ron's incident the night before, of him accidentally eating Chocolate Cauldrons spiked with love potion. At the news, Hermione dragged Ellie out of bed to go see Ron in the hospital.

Ellie sat next to Hermione, who worriedly looked over the sleeping red-head. Ginny sat on the other side as Harry stood at the foot of the bed along with Dumbledore, Slughorn, Snape, and McGonagall.

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar. You must be very proud of your student, Horace," Dumbledore commented.

"Hm? Oh, yes, very proud," Slughorn replied in a surprised manner.

"I think we agree, Potter's actions were heroic. The question is, why were they necessary?" McGonagall questioned.

"Why, indeed? This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you this bottle? Which, by the way, possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry... when not polluted with poison," Dumbledore said as he stepped closer to Slughorn, taking the bottle from the professor's hands.

"Actually, I had intended to give it as a gift myself," Slughorn answered.

"To whom, I might ask?"

"To you, Headmaster," Slughorn replied reluctantly.

Suddenly, Lavender came rushing into the hospital wing screaming, "Where is he? Where's my Won-Won? Has he been asking for me?"

At the sight of Hermione, Lavender questioned, "What's she doing here?"

Ellie's fists clenched at the sound of Lavender's disgust at her girlfriend.

Hermione immediately stood up in anger. "I might ask you the same question."

"I happen to be his girlfriend," Lavender said angrily as she stepped towards Hermione.

Ellie stood up quickly and shielded Hermione.

"Do not talk to her like that," Ellie spat defensively, her fingernails digging into her palms.

"I happen to be his friend," Hermione replied in a calmer tone, now more safe with Ellie standing in front of her.

"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose you want to make up now that he's all interesting," Lavender argued.

"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo! And for the record, I've always found him interesting," Hermione countered.

Ellie quickly turned to look at Hermione with a raised eyebrow. Hermione inconspicuously placed her hand on the small of Ellie's back in reassurance.

Ron suddenly started to groan as he began to wake up.

"Ah. See? He senses my presence. Don't worry, Won-Won. I'm here," Lavender pleaded.

"Will you just shut up?" Ellie snapped at the girl.