B i l a n g LIII

I look at the servant infront of me as she eat the desserts she brought for me.

"What are you reading?" She asked in her mouth full. I did not answer. I look outside, the moon is bright. I close the book in my hand and look at her again.

She's sure enjoying her sweets. She even have a little chocolate on her mouth. What did I expect? She's a commoner, probably doesn't know a proper etiquette. Both of her hands are full, she even coughed.

I flinched when she look at me while coughing, she's even frowning. I look away with a little smile on my lips.

She looks like a kid, cute.

"Ang sarap nito!" She said. I went out of my bed and walk to her. She's watching my every move. I crouch when I'm finally infront of her.

"Really?" I asked, her face reddened as she look at me. Our face is so close. "Patikim nga." I said, she closed and opened her eyes very fast. I smiled, she then close her eyes when I move my head a little. I smiled more before moving my hand to the lower part of her lips. Mabilis akong umatras at umupo sa mesa sa harap nya, I took a cookie and take a bite on it. She open her eyes.

"W-what?" She doesn't know how to react.

I didn't know that someone's expression will be this amusing.

"Masarap nga." I said to the sweet cookie and put it back. "I don't like sweets." I said.

She's still in her sit, not moving. I think she was startled with my sudden move. She's really amusing.

"B-brandon." She whispered my name.

"Yes?" I asked and look at her lips.

"W-what d-do y-you t-think you're d-doing?" Her words are shaky. I wrinkled my forehead.

"What? I wanna have a taste of my dessert too." I said and stood up.

I almost waste my time looking at her face.

"Argh!" I heard her groaned.

I tuck myself back in my bed and look at her.

"Leave when you're done." I said.

"You'll sleep already?" She asked, I shook my head.

It looks like she has calmed down now.

"Then should I leave?" She asked.

"Continue eating until you're full." I said.

She smiled at me then continue eating again.

I watch her finish all the sweets, it was entertaining.

The next morning, I woke up because of the sunlight hitting my face.

"Rise 'n shine Duke!" She shouted as she open another curtain.

"S-shut.." My throat is dry. She immediately run to me, nagsalin sya ng tubig sa baso at iniabot ito sa akin. I squint my eyes on her before sipping on the water.

"That's poisoned." She said, I did not stop. I continue drinking it.

I saw her frowned before rudely taking away the glass of water in my hand.

"I said it's poisoned!" She shouted. "Why?" She gave me that look again, sadness. "I told you to live!" She's shaking.

I don't know if it's because of her sorrow or she's furious. She look at me with her angry eyes.

My heart race fast, I knew there. I did something wrong.

What did I do?

She throw the empty glass on my bed and push me back. I fell back on my bed, I'm now beneath her.

"I-it was supposed to be poisoned, but even if you drink a poisoned drink today, you won't die!" She shouted on my face. A tear fell from her eyes. I watch her. "Because you'll survive just to have more painful battle!" I think her hand weaken, she fell on my body as her her shoulder move. She's crying, I can't see her face. "This world is just cruel." My hands moved on it's own. When I noticed it, it's already caressing her back, and the other one is hugging her waste.

I can feel my heart racing so fast.

"I don't want you to die." She said. "I'll even die for you, so please.. live Brandon."

I gulped before talking.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to her ears as I hug her tightly. "I'm sorry Cecilà." I said.

Her words was so sincere, making want to listen to her.

Or maybe it was because someone cared for me for the first time.

One time we went out to meet Cesario, we bump into a peasant. I'm busy removing the dusk on my clothes when I notice that the woman is just looking at Cecilà as if she's amazed with her.

I pulled Cecila behind me.

She then laugh, I hold my sword ready to slit her throat if she try something to Cecilà.

"Two!" She said. "You're the first!"

"H-huh?" Cecilà asked. Don't tell me she'll believe this peasant?

"Move before I kill yo--"

"Sire, you're protecting the wrong person." She look at me. Cecilà grab the hem of my clothes. "And you're supposed to be dead by now, why are you here?" I raise one of my brow.

Not because I believe Cecilà doesn't mean I'll belive a peasant's word.

"Ha!" She closed her eyes then laugh as she open it. "A person like you-- a history that you'll make, he'll repeat it!" I licked my lower lip.

She doesn't make any sense.

"M-manang." Cecilà said with her fears.

"You'll succeed because of her!" She pointed Cecilà. I look at Cecilà, it's magical how her hair swayed.

When did she look so ravishing?

"Her soul doesn't belong here! That boy was just like you!" I look at the weird woman infront of us. "How come you are both mesmerized with a wandering soul?"

"L-let's g-go Brandon." She said.

"That boy has the same fate with you, you'll eventually succeed but she won't be there anymore." I pulled Cecilà.

She really looks scared now. We should've left the seconds we encountered that peasant.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She look at me, I can't read her again.

I looks like she forgot to breathe while talking to the peasant.

"S-she speaks nonsense, d-don't believe her." She said, it looks like she's lying since she doesn't know how to lie well.

"I won't." I said. I trust Cecilà more and I don't believe in fate.

But I was wrong, I should've became precautious with what that peasant said.

••