Sansa Stark X Female!Reader - Midnight Sky

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Midnight Sky' By Miley Cyrus. I specifically wanted to focus on the lyric: "See my lips on her mouth, everybody's talking now, baby." I hope you all enjoy it.

God, you were drunk. And not like sweet, happy, tipsy drunk, either. More of an I can barely stand unaided and I'm-going-to-regret-this-in-the-morning drunk. You had learnt when you were quite young that these sorts of parties were only fun when you had a drink in hand, and ever since you had made it your duty to get absolutely wasted whenever you were forced to attend. 

You were swaying to the music when you felt a hand on your arm, drawing you attention away from your dancing and over to Sansa's sweet little face. Her brows were furrowed, making her look far more serious than anyone as pretty as she was ever should. You quickly lifted your hands, gently smoothing down the wrinkles that she had formed on her forehead.

"You look sad," you told her allowing a pout of your own to come to your lips. 

"Have you seen Arya? I was supposed to be keeping an eye on her-"

"She'll be fine," you told her her firmly, taking her hand in yours and beginning to dance again. "There are guards on every door, she won't get out of the room without people knowing about it." 

Sansa didn't look so convinced, but put up no resistance as you continued to dance in front of her. "Father will be mad-"

"Lighten up, Sansa. This is a party, you can't be expected to spend the entire evening babysitting." You gave her a soft smile, squeezing her hands. "Now stop frowning and dance with me." 

She did as she was told, rolling her eyes as you pulled her closer to you, both of you swaying in time with the music. "You've been drinking," she murmured, feeling you let out a soft chuckle against her. 

"And you haven't, which is practically a crime in itself," you teased, taking her hand in yours again to drag her over to a table laden with wine. "It won't kill you to have a drink or two," you told her, handing her a cup of wine and giving her a small smile as you took a sip from your own cup.

You had spent much of the next hour drinking and dancing with Sansa, swinging her around and hearing her let out some of the prettiest giggles you had ever heard. It wasn't until you stopped spinning her that you got to look at her properly, her cheeks tinted red, and her hair mussed. And seven hells, she was smiling in a way you had never seen her smile before, pure unbridled joy shining out of her and leaving you far happier than you ever had been dancing on your own. 

It was in that moment that you made a decision that would likely change your life. Your hand came up to cup her cheek, watching her nuzzle into your palm slightly. And then you were kissing her, and it felt so right that you couldn't seem to stop. 

When you finally pulled away, you were acutely aware of the eyes on you, but the only ones you cared about were Sansa's. Her pupils were blown out, staring at you so intently with her lips slightly parted as though you had stolen the words right out of her mouth. 

"Please forgive me," you started softly, your tongue darting out to wet your lips. Her eyes followed the movement, and then she was recreating it as you stepped away from her. "We've had far too much to drink," you uttered, suddenly feeling a lot more sober as you made a hasty escape from the Great Hall. 

*Time Skip*

You hadn't left your chambers in two days, hidden away in the safe confines of your own space. You knew people would be talking, and you knew your father would be mad, and the best course of action was to pretend you didn't exist. It would save you a lot of trouble in the long-run. 

A knock on your door was a surprise, and you were slow to respond, moving towards the door and pulling it open just enough to peak through the space you had created. Sansa looked every part as beautiful as she had that night, and the small smile she offered you was enough to make you open he door further, allowing her entrance. 

"I was worried when I didn't see you yesterday," she started, moving towards you as though she wanted to embrace you, and watching as you moved further away, keeping the distance. "I was worried it was because of me-"

"It's not you, it's everyone else," you murmured. You shifted uncomfortably on the spot, your hands bunched together in front of you. Sansa had never seen you look so out of place before. You were always so lively and fun, and now you looked a shell of your former self. "What we did was a mistake-"

"Then I would quite like to keep making mistakes with you," Sansa interrupted. "I've never felt as good as I did when you kissed me," she added softly, moving to sit at the table, allowing you to take control of the situation. 

"It isn't right."

"Who gets to decide what's right and what's wrong?"she uttered, offering you a small smile. "It certainly felt right to me," she added, her tongue running over her bottom lip ever so lightly. 

You nodded, moving to sit across from her. "I always thought I didn't want to be married," you murmured, tucking your legs underneath yourself. "I didn't want to be the little wife who did as she was told and warmed the bed and bore children." You paused for a moment, swallowing around the lump in your throat. "But I'm starting to realise that I did want to be married, I just didn't want a husband." 

Sansa nodded. "I've spent years trying to force myself into wanting a husband, but it never felt right to me," she started, giving a small shrug. "And then you kissed me and it all made sense." She got to her feet, moving around the table and pausing beside you. "Please let me kiss you again." 

You took her hand in yours, drawing her closer and pressing your forehead against hers. "Yes," you breathed out, and then her lips were on yours and every worry you had ever had was gone. 

 Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x