45 / closer

*trigger warning*

The rain poured out of nowhere, causing me to bolt into the cab in a hurry. Once I was in, I placed the box of art material beside me with a smile. I was certain that Hilary was going to give me an earful of rant for buying her another set of brushes. Last month, I had surprised her when we went to an art gallery of her favorite modern artist. She was so ecstatic to see those modern arts with me. She even managed to buy one of his masterpiece as a keepsake for attending a launching event for the first time.

All I ever wanted is to make her happy. Since we moved in together three months ago, our relationship got stronger. Although there were some arguments, we wouldn't let it pass midnight and would just talk it out like a mature couple. We shared our dreams with each other and we adjusted our flaws according to our individuality. We both struggled to manage our schedules because she'd started her part-time job in a library near the university just two weeks ago while I was chasing deadlines for my freelancing clients. But eventually, we coped up with our time and still succeeded to take care of our naughty little babies. We would also make time to cuddle and occasionally, we would end up making love whenever we weren't tired at all. Even if we were tired at all.

I could see myself every day with her like this and I wouldn't even get bored. Surely, because her kisses could melt me like a marshmallow. It was comical to say that because I had claimed to her that she was a terrible kisser but look at me now. I would always crave for her lips and I couldn't even get my hands off her. How ironic that is!

It was like just yesterday when we couldn't even co-exist in one room. We were so adamant being in each other's throat just because I would always make fun of Arisa. The first time we'd met, she was so friendly and even smiled at me. She looked like a pretty mannequin among the wild animals in the forest, not fitting in at all. We could be friends easily because we both love arts but it just so happened that she'd started associating herself with Arisa, my infamous frenemies. Hence why our connection turned into a long roller coaster ride.

However, I didn't regret getting through those moments with her, including the pranks I'd executed and our constant bickering after. Despite all that mess, we still found each other's soul— a chance that's so rare. One of a billion collisions of heart, body, and mind.

My trail of thoughts faded once my phone beeped, indicating I received a message. Unlocking my screen, an inspired smile sprung on my face as I read her text for me, telling me that she missed me already and asking where was I already.

I knew that Hilary couldn't wait anymore and the thoughts of myself posing for her naked as her model sparked my skin on fire. She'd mentioned to me that she needed someone for her nude art and I was so quick to offer myself even if it was going to be embarrassing for my own good. I wouldn't let anyone pose naked for her ever. I couldn't trust myself being in control anymore because she was truly testing my patience by making me jealous. She would flirt with someone I don't even know sometimes. It was harmless though. I clearly knew that she was just messing with me to get back on my relentless pranks. However, she was pushing me to the edge already.

I instantly replied to her that I would be there in five. Then I looked at my watch and hoped that the rain would stop eventually once I get home. I didn't bring an umbrella with me but I supposed it's fine because I was going to get naked for her anyway. Might as well show myself in a wet form to add some twist.

Once the cab halted in front of our apartment, I immediately hopped out with the box around my arms, then ran towards the front door while shielding myself from the rain. I opened our door confused because usually, our puppies would welcome me as soon as I come in. But they were nowhere to be found.