Chapter Twenty Eight

"Theo, please stop! That's your brother...how could you do this to him?" I screeched at him.

I watched Castle's head getting immersed underwater and his body submerged into the dark water.

"Nooooooo...."

My brother-in-law had just drowned my husband in front of my eyes.

I pushed past Theo and stepped over the yacht railing. I was a sobbing mess, ready to jump into the lake to save him. "Castle!"

"Millie, wait!" Theo called out.

"I need to go."

I started jumping off when Theo grabbed my arm and pulled me onto the yacht.

"Stay here." He said before going over the ledge and diving into the lake.

A few minutes later, Theo pulled Castle out. By then I'd called the Captain for help.

"What in the heavens happened here?" He asked.

Before I could answer, Theo beat me to it. "He fell out of the yacht."

I had a sudden urge to throw Theo into the lake and drown him the same way he'd done to Castle.

He put Castle on the floor. His eyes were closed, and he appeared to be unresponsive. My heart was in my throat, my chest tightening as I feared for his life.

If Castle died, I'd have to take responsibility.

I'd be alone and I would have to kill the family myself.

Theo was pumping his chest relentlessly, trying to get Theo to puke the water. If Theo had wanted him dead, then why would he try to revive Castle? It didn't make sense.

Theo opened Castle's mouth and conducted CPR, but he remained unresponsive. A feeling of dread settled over me. I didn't even know that I'd started crying uncontrollably.

He'd removed as much water as he could from his system, but Castle wasn't waking up.

"You told me everything would be fine! Drowning him was never an option! How could you do this without letting me know about it first?"

"I didn't tell you because I knew you wouldn't agree."

"How dare you? That's my husband!" I shrieked, "If something happens to him, Theo, I'm going to toss you into the lake and I don't care that I'll be charged for the murder."

"Shut up and let me think!" He snapped.

He brought Castle's head in my lap and brushed the wet hair away from his face. "Wake up, please wake up, baby."

Theo picked up his hand and I could see he was on the verge of tears. "I can't find his pulse."

"Try the CPR again. Better yet, let me try."

I tried giving CPR, but nothing was working. Tears blurred my vision as another soul-shattering sob erupted from within me. Theo sat with his back against his yacht, horror plastered over his face.

"I'm calling 911." He said.

I was crying ugly, and my sounds were muffled because I buried my face in Castle's wet shirt front.

Suddenly, there was movement.

It almost felt like a miracle.

Castle coughed out the lake water and sat up. Hacking, he pointed his finger accusingly at Theo, "You tried to kill me!"

The silence in the yacht was deafening.

Who was this?

The Castle with amnesia or the Castle who remembers the past?