Chapter 35: Immobulus

I M M O B U L U S

———

Mal's POV

I've been with Draco for over a year now, it feels like so much longer, and I wouldn't throw that away for anything.

He's pretty amazing. He reads with me and reads to me. He listens to me and talks to me, even rambles at times and I think those moments are the ones where I fall in love with him even more, those moments where he just talks continuously about something and he has a brightness to his eyes when he does. He pushes me to be everything I'm afraid to be. With him, I'm bold, and at times reckless, and I feel comfortable around him. So yes, he's Draco Malfoy and he is amazing.

Yet, for the same reason that he is Draco Malfoy is why this is constantly difficult. I'm still a loyal member of the DA, and he's still part of the Inquisitorial Squad. I can basically feel the wedge of darkness coming between us. Something big is coming, I know it, I just wish I knew exactly what it was. Something tells me that the fights we've had in the past and the constant issues with my friends vs him are just the easy part of everything.

Now, I'm with Mione, Harry, and Ron, trying to figure out a way into Umbitch's office to use her fire to contact Sirius, Harry's godfather and a friend of mine. I mean we have to get along, he's known me since I was 14, and he's Harry's godfather, and Draco's cousin. First removed but his cousin nevertheless.

We were quiet as Harry performed a quick Alohomora spell to get inside and we gathered quickly by the fire. I had a bad feeling in my stomach and missed something Harry said as I glanced at the door cautiously.

"Are you mental?" Ron suddenly accused.

"Wait, what's happening?" I asked.

"Harry wants to go alone."

"Yeah, you've definitely gone mad if you really think there's even the slightest chance of that happening." I told Harry.

"It's too dangerous!" Harry said.

"When are you going to get it through your head? We're in this together." Hermione took his hand and Harry smiled at her worriedly.

"That. You. Are." We all jumped back a little at hearing Umbitch's voice suddenly emerge. Where did you come from? And wherever it is, you could go back now.

"Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl." Draco suddenly came in, grasping Neville by the neck and seemed unaware I was even present. Crabbe and Goyle followed behind, holding onto Ginny and Luna harshly.

Montague, Warrington, and Pantsy came in grabbing Mione, Ron, and I harshly. Leaving Harry in Umbitch's hands. I groaned as Pantsy dug her nails into my wrists and Draco turned, seeming to finally realize I was there, and glared at her.

"Switch Parkinson." Draco growled.

"No." Pantsy responded in a snobby tone.

"I wasn't asking a question. Switch. Now." Pantsy rolled her eyes but switched when Draco pushed Neville at her and she stumbled. Instead of pulling me harshly, Draco took my hands behind my back softly, rubbing circles on my wrists where Pantsy dug her nails in with his thumb, and I pushed both of us back a little when I caught Ginny glaring at us.

"You were going to see Dumbledore, weren't you?!" Umbitch spoke harshly to Harry as she leaned too close to his face.

"No." Harry replied simply when she suddenly slapped him harshly. We all struggled against the Inquisitorial Squad's hold but they all pulled us back, except for Draco who simply tapped my wrist and shook his head, even when he himself had a shocked expression on his face from seeing what Umbitch just did.