3

"I swear to Merlin Jesus, if you don't get your hand off of my pancake, I will rip your throat out!" Melba exclaimed, causing the entire Hufflepuff table to go quiet for a moment before the chatter started again.

Nick frowned at her but pulled his hand away and Melba then took the last pancake on the plate before it filled up again and Nick could grab one himself.

"I told you to stop calling me that." he muttered. I took a bite of my croissant as I stared at the Gryffindor table. Angelina sat next to Fred with her arm over his shoulder and hiss arm around her back. I felt a sting in my chest and my blood boil. Seeing them together made me so angry. Yes, I was jealous but was that so weird? She stole him from me and he let her. He didn't love me. He never loved me. If he did, he wouldn't have cheated.

"Alright, so what're we thinking?" Nate said. "Are we winning our first match against Ravenclaw or are we winning the first match?"

"We are totally going to win!" Seth cheered and their palms met in the air above the table. "We'll win against them all. We start with Ravenclaw in November, then we beat Gryffindor in March and lastly we are going to absolutely smash it when we play against Slytherin in April!"

"Don't be so cocky." it came from Cedric who sat a few spots further down the table. We all looked at him as he reached for some bacon. "We lost two of the games last year so if you really want to win more this year, you have to put in the work."

"What do you mean, Ceddie?" Seth asked with a playful grin and I couldn't help but snicker at the choice of nickname. "We always work so hard at practice."

"Sure." Cedric nodded slowly. "Let's go with that."

Seth turned towards the rest of us. "We work hard, right?"

"I work hard." Melba said. "Jules works hard. The rest of you... nah."

"What do you mean by nah?" Callie scoffed. "I work hard too."

"You know what?" Melba smiled. "You do. You're right. You do work hard. Hard with your tongue down Nate's throat."

Nate broke into laughter, quickly clamping a hand over his mouth and a small smile appeared on my face. I loved my friends so much. Especially with comments like that. They always made me happy. They made me forget about my heartbreak. Sometimes I was reminded but other times, I'd laugh with my friends and all my worries would disappear.

"You're such a meanie." Callie said and reached over the table to shove Melba in the shoulder. "Such a meanie."

"I know I am." Melba responded. "But I'm allowed to be. I'm gay."

"Okay you can't use that every time you try and defend yourself." I said with a smile as I took another bite off my croissant.

"Yes I can." she argued. "I can... because I'm gay."

"Wow, here we go again." Seth spoke as a faint chuckle rolled off his tongue. He shook his head at Melba before he ate the last piece of his pancake.

My eyes flicked back to where Fred sat but this time he was looking back at me from over his shoulders. Our eyes met and I quickly looked down, picking up my glass of pumpkin juice and took a sip. When I looked at him again, he had turned back around and was in some deep conversation with Angelina where they smiled, laughed and looked oh so fucking adorable.

"You know what?" I asked. "I cannot wait for Quidditch practice to start. We need to beat Gryffindor in March."

"That's the spirit!" Seth smiled. "We are totally going to win if you use that anger in the pitch."