November 16, 2020 - Day 1: The basics for winning at DIY cover design

For Day 1 of Canva x Wattpad Design Week, we're talking about Covers! 

As the gateway to your story, it can be paralyzing to try to sum up all of your words and ideas into a single image. And for that reason, many writers are intimidated by the cover process. 

Our aim with this module is to give you a few practical steps to build your cover creative confidence

Our aim with this module is to give you a few practical steps to build your cover creative confidence. Visit the Writer Resources Page for the full overview of how to create a winning cover design. 

Plus, watch the video below with Canva Art Director, Sacha de Boer, to learn how you can use Canva to create visually appealing and engaging covers. Sacha will show you the ropes on how to fully maximize all of Canva's features, and walk you through all the new and exciting book cover templates created just for Wattpad. 

The Wattpad community has tons of free resources and services for writers looking to up their cover game. Graphic storytellers and groups, photoshop phenoms, and creative peers are everywhere. If you want to take a crack at it yourself, Canva is an excellent free image editor. Bonus: it has a Wattpad cover section, with exact sizes and proportions. 

Join us tomorrow, where we'll show you how to create covers in three different popular genres.

Have fun! 

- Wattpad HQ