fourteen: shape-shifted

chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen

fixed on a moment just out of focus
shape-shifted ; 

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

The McCall's guest bedroom was anything but silent as Kennedy danced around the room, dancing to the sound of Selena Gomez on her stereo. Her long brown hair bounced off her shoulders as she slid around, her socks letting her have a gracious glide. Scott McCall walked by, only wearing his pajama pants as he looked into the bedroom. "Ken? What are you doing?"

Kennedy stops, breathing heavily as she looks at him. "Dancing. It's my new source of exercise." She mutters, putting a hand on her hips. "What are you doing? And why aren't you ready for school?" Her boots were on her bed, waiting for her to put them on. Scott observed the room, seeing some small signs of settling in from Kennedy. Her comforter from her old room took place of the one Melissa originally had on the bed, and Scott noticed a bright yellow fuzzy blanket that Kennedy had always had sprawled at the bottom of it. He noticed the mess of makeup on the vanity, and a picture on the dresser of Kennedy, Lydia, and Allison from the night they went dress shopping. Stiles had taken the picture, much to his dismay. There was a second picture next to it, of just Kennedy and Jackson from freshman year. Scott was happy that Kennedy was able to have the picture without the bitter memories, but he was more happy when he realized she was comfortable. With him. with his family.

"Stiles is picking us up," He reminds her, walking away. Kennedy sighs, annoyed he didn't even answer her question. She turns back to her vanity, tying some of her wavy hair back, so it would be a half up half down hair style. Her mind traveled to Ben Stallard, the man she always considered as her father. Until now. Kennedy had asked Sheriff about things that weren't as important, like her name.

Was she Kennedy Stallard? Or Kennedy Hale?

The question had lingered in her mind for almost a week, and Sheriff still hadn't given her the answer she wanted. All she had, recently, was question, after question, after question. She had no clue how to solve them, except talking to Derek.

"Hey, bitches!" Stiles's voice echoed in her ears, followed by his feet booming up the stairs. He approached her room first, leaning his body on the doorframe. He gave her that contagious Stilinski smile, catching her off guard for just a moment. "You ready, Freddy?"

The teenage girl stared at him for a looming moment, "Yeah, yeah I am." She stood up from her vanity, quickly gathering her things.

༺❀༻

"I'm serious. It's not like the last full moon. I don't feel the same."

Stiles, Scott, and Kennedy walk down the hall of Beacon Hills High, heading towards the locker room. And though Kennedy wasn't supposed to walk in along with him, it didn't stop her. She had decided against telling the boys what happened, at least until she could find Isaac again. She knew that the screaming was likely Isaac's dad, and whatever got to him before they did, was still out there. "Oh, does that include the urge to maim and kill people like me?" Stiles asks sarcastically.