Cecaelia

Reid dove into the blue sea early the next morning. With the threat from Xavier weighing heavy on her mind she hoped it would sink her to the bottom of the bay, and maybe even keep her there for the rest of the day. Natalia was shaken from the whole incident and hadn't spoken much about it. Actually she hadn't spoken much at all.

Reid let green scales cover her from the waist down and she stretched her fins as she pushed down into the bay. Reid has asked Natalia if she would like to join Reid but she declined. Reid knew a swim would do her a world of good but she was in too sour a mood to argue with her anyways.

As she frolicked threw the bay her mind wondered to Xavier and his green, green eyes. He was hardness and anger. He was a physical being. He thought he could man handle her into submission. Reid didn't submit to anyone. He thought he was the stronger of the two but she knew better. She could have him scrambling within seconds if she wanted. 

There was a change in the current then.

 Something was wrong. She could tell what was wrong but caution and worry ran threw her veins like a chill. Her bare skin prickled into goose bumps and her scales rattled in warning. She glared into the dark water.

She sent out waves trying to see what the disturbance could be. Shortly waves came back to her as nothing but small fish. This did nothing to satasfy her. She pushed them farther, and waited for them to return.

She felt it then. It was big, like a shark maybe? A great white would be the only explanation for the size and mass readings she received. The shape was floating below her, closer to the sea floor. She swam lower to see what it was. Perhaps it was a shark and she could play with her comrade in a race or something. Sharks were her friends, like the puppies of the sea.Most of the time it was the only company she would allow herself to have.

As she got closer and the water temperature drew colder, more chilling tingles raced up her spine. Her scales rattled in warnign again.

And then she saw it. At the base of the bay was an octopus like creature, but she knew this creature would not be as inviting as an octopus. Her breathing stopped and she froze. She just watched it sitting there. It was still, not moving even the slightest bit, not even the waves caused the tenticles to russle. It had the texture of a jelly fish and was a bodily mixture of an octopus and a human. The head was what terrified Reid the most. It was the shape of a human head, but was the color of something dead and missing a nose. Their skin was transparent and you could see every blue vein running underneath. You could even see the brain. Was is dead?

It was facing the sea floor and then it simply rolled over and looked Reid dead in the eyes. Cat like and black. It watched her, playing with its food. Its webbed fingers at the end of its arms twitched ever so slowly. 

She wanted to get away, to swim as fast as she could, but she knew it would chase her back. It was eventully catch her and drag her down down down into the sea. 

It pulled its malicious face into a grin, sharp jagged fangs protruding as it looked at Reid. Then it took off after her.

It took her a moment before she could find her body and begin to swim away. The cecaelia was hot on her trail and Reid swam away with all her might. The creature let out a loud shriek behind her and it only made Reid swim faster. She wanted to cover her eyes from the high pitched noise.

It was right on her tail and when Reid looked back it wasn't smiling anymore. It was angry and there was nothing worse than an angry cecaelia. Reid pushed her self even harder, her tail thrashing wildly about, as she saw the surface come into view. Only a few more she thought.

She burst through the surface and with her speed she breached high into the air. A few seconds later, however, she landed on the dock with a loud thud. The impact of her body broke a board when she landed. Terrified she scrambled backward onto the dock, dragging her tail with her. Slinters cut her palms. 

In the commotion, Natalia came out on to the dock and she watched Reid scramble away from the water completely stricken with fear. Reid's breathing was heavy and in hard gasps as she tried to slow her racing heartbeat. 

"Reid!' Nat cried rushing over to her, "what's going on?" Reid's eyes were wild with fear. 

Reid couldn't speak, not yet at least. She stayed there watching the waters ripples, waiting for the creature to grab her fin and take her down. It would take her to the jury. They would complete her sentancing. 

But it never did, it didn't frolic about the surface, it didn't screech for her, it didn't do anything.

"Cecaelia," Reid panted still watching the water. They looked about franticly for any sign of it. 

"You can't be serious," Nat breathed. Taking a shaky step towards her. 

Reid could only nod in response.

The part that scared Reid the most was that it was alone. Cecaelia are pack creatures, and extremely smart. It wouldn't have been so naive as to be alone this close to shore, not with the people around.

Unless it wasn't alone. Maybe there were more watching her from farther away. There sight was far more intense then Reid's. Perhaps they were watching her, or toying with her. They had to know Reid would have to go back into the water again, she would need to, and she was a siren after all. They would wait her out.

Reid knew something even more horrible. She would have to leave now, she couldn't stay here. They had found her, and they wouldn't stop until she was brought to justice. The hardest part about leaving now was she had grown attached. Not to the area but Rebekah and Daniel. She cursed her self. 

Nat touched her arm. Her Queen friend had on a strong face throughout this which made Reid grateful.

Reid froze, Queen, she thought. Reid was no queen that was for sure, but Natalia was.

"Nat!" she half yelled a smile taking over her features.

"What?" she asked confused looking around. 

"Could you?" Reid asked with a new glint of hope.

Nat pondered what she was talking about for a second. "Reid," she said, "I don't know if I can."

"Please?" she pleaded. "You are queen now, they will listen to you!"

"Reid," she said in a sobbing voice. "I am only the new queen. I hold no power over them."

"Please!" Reid yelled begging her now. "Just try." 

She knew the cecaelia couldn't hurt her. She could send them away. Banish them from the area.

"Okay," she said reluctantly, "I would only break this rule for you."

With her last words, Natalia ran to the end of the dock and leapt high into the air landing in the water with a small splash.