19) Shakedown

;)

Please VOTE and COMMENT please!!!

                                * * *

                                Skull and cross bones.

                        "Poison!" I grabbed Sam by the arm and hauled her off the ground, pulling us both into the bathroom. "We need to throw up! Now!"

                        I started to shove two fingers down my throat, when Samantha pulled them out of my mouth.

                        "Scarlett, it's over." Samantha's eyes were wide and I was horrified at how large her pupils were. We were drugged. "They'll be here in minutes. It's too late. The eye patch was a listening device. It's over."

                        "I don't know what's wrong with you right now, but we have to keep fighting! I'm not giving up!" I tore out of her grasp, shoving my fingers down my throat.

                        "Scarlett!" Samantha grabbed me by the forearms, stopping me. "It's over, Scarlett! Throwing up won't do anything at this point. We never had a chance!"

                        "What?! Let me go!" I shouted, thrashing in her grip. My strength was weaker than normal, and I was starting to feel sleepy.  "You told me you had hope! You acted... like we had a chance!"

                        "Fico puts tracking devices in the women he takes, that's why it didn't matter whether or not I used his credit card," Sam confessed, beginning to cry. "I knew he'd find us, so I called him first, and sold myself to him." This horrified me. Sam offered me a shaky smile. "My life is in shreds beyond repair already, Scarlett. I made things better for you."

                        "I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Sam, no! No! You sold yourself back to Fico, for me? What is wrong with you?" Out of pure anger, I shook her hard, and she cried harder. "Why would you do that? Why would your sell yourself to that monster?"

                        "Because I have no other option!" she screamed, pushing away from me. "There's no running or hiding from the Mafia. I learned that the hard way. We could have taken a plane to Mexico, and they would have gotten us the moment we got off the plane. And they would have been furious. I'm your only chance of living something close to a normal life!"

                        I tried to respond, but my tongue thickened in my mouth. I touched my throat, panic building in my chest. I swallowed, my mouth felt dry. Everything was beginning to feel like a dream....

                        "You need to forget me, Scarlett." Samantha put her hand to her throat as well, but was somehow pushing past the effects of the drugs. "I knew I was your only chance to live the moment I held that gun to Fico's skull, but I thought maybe—" She blinked back tears, her voice both breaking and slurring heavily now. "It doesn't... matter what I thought. You're a great person, and a...great friend to me—the best friend I've ever had-- but that doesn't change the fact that you're.... completely disposable to Fico." Samantha's eyes started to shut and she slid down the bathroom wall, her eyes lowering and and filled with a horrifying hollowness. "You're a throwaway.... to him, and I'm... not. Don't you... see that this is was my only.... option?"