Monstrous Things

Reid's mind was hazy when she woke up. The smell of cologne invaded her nose and she felt herself groaning against silk sheets. Something smelt good.

"Morning," said a soft whispering voice and Reid rubbed at her eyes groggily. 

She looked around the room seeing nothing even remotely familiar. She had never seen this place before. The walls were a dark gray and the windows were decorated with black blinds and white trim. In the corner of the expansive room was a large black grand piano. The room itself was large, bigger than her living room and kitchen combined. The dark night-blue sheets underneath her were smooth against her naked legs.

Rebekah was in front of her, smiling small. She was sitting in a chair and leaned on the bed on her elbows. Her blonde hair was a tousled mess on her head and her violet eyes were sparkling like stars, the all famous dark ring still sitting around them like dark sand.

Memories of the night came flooding back. Natalia's plot against her, the cecaelia so close to taking her away, the gunshots...

Xavier had shown up and somehow gotten her out. Stheno...

"Where am I?" Reid asked looking around the room once again.

She smiled warmly at her. "You're in Xavier's room. He brought you back here after, well we don't know, he wouldn't tell us anything," she sighed. "He says you owe us an explanation." Beka's face was downcast like a storm-tossed sea.

Reid knew she owed them that much. Xavier had just saved her life the stupid moron and Beka and Daniel had been nothing by friends to her.

But Xaver... He hated her.

"You're not a vampire are you?" Rebekah asked fidgeting nervously with her hands.

Reid raised her gaze to Rebekah's. "No, I'm not."

"I see," Beka said coyly. The betrayal on her face was evident.

Reid moved the sheets off her legs and looked down to see gauze wrapped around her thigh. It was red and she had gotten some blood on the sheets. She could feel it and it stung when she moved it. She noticed a slight pain in her arm when she reached out for her leg.

The IV hung out of her arm and she followed the red hose to the blood bag hanging off the light on the wall above the bed. Reid clamped the hose off and pulled the needle from her arm in one swift movement. Rubbing the sore spot, she stood.

Her legs wobbled for a moment before Beka reached out to help steady her. Her leg throbbed and she felt the large need to swim. Salt water would do her a world of good right now. It would heal her wound much faster. Noticing her change of attire she looked to Rebekah assuming she was the culprit of the white silky robe she wore that barely covered her important parts.

Rebekah shrugged and looked away.

Daniel was waiting in the living room when they got there, his ice blue eyes alight with concern. Reid thought she might hate him for that pitying look. Xavier stood off to the side looking out the window and Reid stared at the back of his head willing him to face her.

Rebekah helped Reid to the couch where she sat opposite Daniel. They stayed unmoving and quiet for a long moment before Xavier moved at an inhuman speed to pace in front of the television.

"Start talking," Xavier snapped refusing to look at her. His dark green eyes scorched her face.

She sighed, "I am really sorry about all the trouble I have caused. I - "

"What are you?" Xavier said cutting her off and looking at her with furious green eyes. Reid could tell there was no avoiding this.

"I'm not like you, well not entirely," she started struggling to find the right words. "I'm not from here. My kind has been hidden since our creation from your world - the human world.  At least that's the only thing I can think of. I didn't know your kind even existed. I am hiding." Xavier still paced and Daniel still watched.