six

SEPTEMBER

"Get in the car." It was quite a rude demand for him to be making after he kissed me and left. But he was rude, and mean, and scary. So it fit him perfectly. I just stared at him. I was embarrassed, mad, and I wanted to knock him over the head.

My heart was beating a mile a minute, the butterflies in my stomach flew faster and faster. He didn't spare me another glance as he turned around and walked to the car furiously. His curls bouncing slightly.

I looked around. Only a couple other cars in the parking lot. Not one was my Dad's green truck. Brandon walked to his car, it was shiny and black and he probably could only afford it due to his job. When he got to the drivers door, he stood there menacingly and looked at me.

It was a warning look.

I walked over to the car slowly. When I got close, he dropped into the car and slammed the door loudly, I jumped, my heart skipping a beat. I opened the door and slowly slid in. I left my tattered backpack on the floor of the car. He started the engine and sped off out of the parking lot. I sat in the seat pin straight and pushed my knees together. Why did he have to pick me up? The whole week I had been wishing to see him, but now I wish he didn't exist.

"Why were you in detention?" He barked. I nervously glanced at him, and saw his mouth in a line and his hands were gripping the wheel. I fisted my hands in my lap. His tone made me feel shy and small, like he had power over me. "I um...I forgot my school socks." I said quietly. He looked at my legs, a dark calculating, inappropriate look. He stared at my thighs a second too long and looked back to the road.

"This is what Blue," he interjected. "Your 5th detention this year?" It was a mean judgmental tone, just like Mr.Carson had used. I got even more mad, "How do you know that?" I said in an annoyed voice. It sounded whiny and his eyes shot to mine right as he noticed I was mad. The car swerved distractedly when our eyes met and I grabbed the door panicked. "Why did you pick me up?" I let out. He gripped the wheel harshly and straightened the car out. He was silent for a second, furiously driving down the road. "Your dad asked me to."

He lied. I could see right through him. I chose to ignore him angrily and turned towards the window. He blew air out of his nose, if he was in a cartoon, smoke would be coming out of his ears and his face would be beet red.

I felt his eyes on my legs, slowly trail from my shoes to my knees and my thighs. I didn't know it, but my skirt had ridden up high and he could see my light pink underwear and the curve of my ass. I glanced at him and saw him staring. I quickly faced the front and pulled my skirt down embarrassingly. He shifted in his seat angrily, I couldn't help but look at him again. My cheeks went red when I saw his pants were tented in the front.

I pondered on his lie for a second, "Why? He isn't busy after school. He gets out early now that it's fall." I said smug. I wanted him squirm in his lie. He glanced at my face, and then my legs. "In fact," I started. "He told me when I called him after school that he could come and-"

"Blue." He warned. But I wasn't finished. I was going to keep going because I was mad. "You just wanted to see me." I turned to him. "Admit it. First you kiss me, and then ignore me and just show up to my school? He didn't tell you to pick me up at all-"

"Shut up." He interrupted me again. I sat back in my seat wide eyed. Just like me, he kept going. "I didn't want to come get you, I was asked. You're annoying, who would want to willingly talk to you." He grit out. I stared at the road. His words made me mad, so mad. So mad in fact, that I blurted out the first thing that popped in my head. "My boyfriend would."