Surprises [Oliver Polanski]

hello again, dear readers. i'm back with another request i wrote right now. it's already close to 1:30 am and i have no energy to proofread. i hope you all like it. do vote, comment and share. 

this one was requested by the amazing FantasyCreature123 i'll be very, very glad if you checked out their profile, dropped a hello and gave them a follow! 

Oliver greeted some friends of his father, trying to mask his boredom and tiredness. His father cut the ribbon of the charity event and everyone clapped. As soon as it was done, Oliver snuck farther away in the exhibition hall. He loved art and sculptures, but his father and his friends' presence could easily make it boring for him.

He walked around easily, watching the paintings and listening to people trying to relate them with events in history. Occasionally some people chatted with him when they realized he was the next Polanski in line, but mostly they left him alone.

Oliver walked aimlessly for most part until he reached the paintings from the Renaissance era. Those were expensive originals brought only for the night. Not many people were here yet. He happily stepped inside the portion, looking happily at the Da Vinci paintings. He was examining The Vitruvian Man when he heard a vaguely familiar voice. He couldn't point it to a person but he had heard it somewhere before. Precisely, it reminded him of a Art History class he took one semester in college.

Who could it be? Oliver turned around suspiciously. Sure, the class was huge, at times consisting of 200 students in a lecture hall but this voice...

Behind Oliver, a woman around his age was talking to an elderly lady. She was dressed elegantly in a shimmering cocktail dress, the colour of red wine. Her (h/c) locks were curled and let down stylishly. She spoke something about the Last Supper painting to the elderly lady.

Oliver realised he was staring when the lady turned back sub consciously. He looked at her face, sure he had seen her before. The lady too narrowed her eyes, examining him slightly before both of them realised who it was.

"(Y/n)!"

"Oliver!" The said simultaneously. Oliver extended his hand and the lady took it gratefully.

"How are you (Y/n)? Haven't seen you since last year." The elderly lady excused herself as the pair of them made a small talk.

"Yeah, we lost contact after college, huh?" She said.

"We did... What are you doing nowadays?"

"Interning in my grandmother's antique jewelry business. She got the invite from your father. She must've thought I'd be interested too."

"My mother loved the last line your Grandmother introduced in market this year." Oliver realised both of them had fallen in step and in a casual conversation, paintings forgotten.

"Glad she did. I designed each piece myself!"

Oliver felt the tingling sensation return to his stomach as (Y/n)'s hand occasionally touched his. They weren't friends in college or anything but they did have a few mutual friends and Oliver had talked to (Y/n) a few times. Nothing more had happened since both of them had been dating someone else then, even though Oliver had wished to ask her out a few times.

The sky outside grew darker, exhibition hall more crowded and weather colder while (Y/n) and Oliver talked amongst themselves, having a heart to heart.

They only realised how late it was when (Y/n)'s grandmother called up to inform she was leaving. (Y/n) checked her watch and gasped, "It's already past nine Oliver. I'll have to go too..."