Just keep swimming

A/N: wow can you believe we are 20 chapters in?!? Thanks so much for reading. Please remember to take the time to vote if you're enjoying my content!

Suga sighed in annoyance when he opened the garage door and spotted J-Hope underneath the hood of yet another car. The sound of clanging tools and revving engines finally drove him to the brink of his patience. He came down to investigate, thinking it was maybe some annoying underling who was excited to see the collection of cars for the first time.

But of course, it wasn't, and now he can't even yell at them to be quiet.

Hoseok has been working non-stop for the past two weeks, both at the mechanic shop and for BTS.

At first, RM and Suga were thrilled, he took on two jobs in the past week, actually asked for the assignments. But now that it was his day off at the mechanic shop and he was out of work to do for BTS, so J-Hope has been busying himself working on every car in BTS's garage. And it was driving Yoongi crazy.

"J-Hope, you're going to break something if you don't stop poking around," Suga offered as a greeting, making his way over to him.

J-Hope looked up from the engine and flashed a brilliant smile. Suga used to wonder what he did to deserve being on the receiving end of one so bright.

"I'll fix it if I do." J-Hope teased before turning back to the vehicle.

Suga sighed again in frustration, he wanted to order the man to go home and take a proper day off, but he could see now that J-Hope was at his wit's end. J-Hope always avoided his problems by drowning himself in his work.

He's like a shark. If he stopped swimming, he'd sink.

Why can't he just drink like the rest of us?

Suga thought to himself begrudgingly as he made his way into the carport. Instead, Hoseok had to tinker and fix every little thing in the garage.

Suga knew he should probably let his friend be, leave him to cope and process whatever it was that was bugging him. Still, he couldn't stand the thought of J-Hope test driving another car around the property. All week he's heard nothing but engines revving.

"C'mon, we need to talk," Suga said, nodding his head towards the house. J-Hope froze, looking up from his tinkering with a slight frown, the one that flashed his dimples.

"What's up, you never wanna talk," J-Hope questioned hesitantly. Suga rolled his eyes, ignoring the small jab.

"I got a job that we can look at, and you need to eat something," Yoongi said simply as he headed for the door.

Work, of course.

Hoseok willed his face to stay neutral, to conceal his disappointment as he grabbed the towel over his shoulder and wiped at his hands and face of any moter oil.

It was always just business with Yoongi.

They stayed in a comfortable silence as they made their way into the kitchen. J-Hope sat on a bar stool, feeling too grimey from the motor oil stains on his shirt to sit in one of Jin's nice dining chairs.

Suga quickly pulled some leftovers out of the fridge, piling the plate with generous servings for J-Hope before popping it in the microwave. He decided, last minute, to make a quick serving for himself since he couldn't remember consuming anything but coffee since last night.

"Alright, so what's up?" Yoongi finally asked once they both had their food, and he took his seat next to Hoseok.

"Nothing, why?" Hoseok questioned, surprised. Yoongi shot him a look calling him out on his bullshit.