Time For Bed

Half asleep, Kuvira rolled over, gaining a confused frown as she reached out and Sukara wasn't there. She had assumed that she had been asleep for a while and that Sukara should have come up to bed by now, and when she turned to look at the clock, her assumption was proven right.

She sat up and decided to go down stairs to look for her after seeing that there was still the shine of a light coming from down there.

Kuvira made her way into the living room where the crackle of the fire and light breathing of Sukara and Voya were the only sounds.

Sukara was curled up against the back of the sofa with Voya held close with one arm rested over her, the other tucked under her head. The sight was like a dream, some fantasy that someone would make up when thinking about the future.

With soft footsteps, Kuvira walked across to them and knelt down. Gently, she took the piece of hair that had fallen across Voya's face and tucked it behind her ear as she slept. A soft smile on Kuvira's face as she stroked her hair.

Eventually, she reached past her and woke Sukara as gently as she could. Wearily, Sukara opened her eyes to see her fiancé smiling at her.

"Hi," she mumbled, shifting her head so that she wasn't so cuddled up any more.

"Let me take her," Kuvira said, lifting Voya as carefully as possible, Sukara lifted her arm as she sat up allowing Kuvira to take a very groggy Voya into her arms, "Do you need carrying to bed too?"

Sukara chuckled slightly as she pushed herself to the edge of the sofa, rubbing her eyes to wake herself up more.

#####

It was late and Voya barely grumbled as Kuvira lay her down on the bed. Her eyes only a fraction of the way open, Voya climbed under the covers with Kuvira's help.

"Nanight Mommy," Voya mumbled as she snuggled into the blankets.

Kuvira heart felt like it was going to burst as she heard the word for the first time. They had made sure to be respectful of Voya's birth mother and let Voya decide what she wanted to call them.

"Goodnight baby," Kuvira smiled, placing a small kiss on Voya's head as she stood up to let her sleep.

Once she got back to her room, Sukara was already sprawled on the bed. She had obviously just climbed on top and collapsed in her state of sleepiness. Kuvira smiled, feeling blessed with the family she had. She had been so ambitious before about fixing the Earth Kingdom that she didn't stop and think about what she could be missing out on by choosing that path. Looking at her fiancé, who would be her wife by this time tomorrow, with the feeling of pride of being accepted as a mother, she couldn't even imagine why she would ever overlook this life.

Not bothering to move Sukara so that they could both go to bed properly, Kuvira climbed on behind her and hugged her tight.