10.

"Stay, no matter what stay," Jungkook's words caused a cold shiver to run down Jimin's spine

There were only the scary fake king and general Hoseok left on the terrace with him, two creatures that hated hybrids more than anyone. If Jungkook had thought that's a safe place, great, Jimin wished to become a fox and hide in some corner, but he knew them thinking he's a human was the only thing keeping him alive.

Jungkook come back safely, he begged watching the darkness filling the alleys when an inhuman like cry rang the night. Someone was yelling, red flares were shooting into the air, there was a rumor of voices breaking out and it sounded like pure horror. Jimin took a loud breath.

"What about you general?" Namjoon turned to Hoseok.

"Killed enough of those filthy things the past decade, need some rest tonight, if you excuse me," Hoseok trended leaving into the palace when Jimin was narrowing his eyes to see through the thick walls of the labyrinth, but they were covering it like a dark veil. He hoped Jungkook was safe, but staying out here with Namjoon was even more dangerous.

"Almighty ruler I will follow general Hoseok advice and take a rest too," Jimin bowed low hurrying into the palace his heart beating like crazy, but Namjoon made no move to stop him.

Inside Jimin was begging himself to act calmly when he was walking up swiftly to Jungkook's floor to see a door in the front side of the corridor widely open. The embers of a fire in a marble fireplace were picturing on general Hoseok face while he was sitting in an armchair sipping a heavy drink staring into one point blankly.

"General are you ok?" Jimin knew he shouldn't but he stopped in the door raising his voice shyly.

Hoseok's despair filled gaze fell on him.

"Mochi, your best friend is an amazing warrior, he will be ok, even if the others might fall using strength-taking weapons," Hoseok sighed.

"What do you mean?" A cold shiver ran down Jimin's back.

"They have been poisoned by room keys that are taking away every piece of courage and inner light the longer you are carrying them and now they have taken fake weapons that will drain the rests of strength off their bodies, so they won't be able to defend themselves against every darkness that is luring inside the labyrinth," Hoseok sighed.

Jimin's eyes widened, so Jungkook knew, that's why he has taken no key and was only using the old rusty lock for the door, that's why he went into the labyrinth unarmed.

"Your friend is clever, he knows things a boy from nowhere shouldn't know and I was wondering for a long time... now I know, he has that ancient knowledge from you, a young shaman's apprentice," Hoseok's eyes scanned his face so Jimin nodded. "The thing is he's gifted, I haven't seen anyone gifted for seven years, that means Namjoon will not keep him alive, but he will live as long as he's necessary for the army, so towards the end of that war."

Jimin's heart skipped a bit, no it couldn't be, no he will not allow, he will use all his human and fox powers to protect Jungkook to his very last breath.

"I hope he will at least kill a few hybrids tonight," a cynic smile light up Hoseok's face.

"Why? I mean why do you hate hybrids so much?" Jimin's throat dried.

"A hybrid has taken my heart and ripped it into pieces, they know exactly what effect they have on us humans, twisting our heads until there's nothing left of us," Hoseok bit his lip.

Jimin nodded not sure what to say.

"Go to sleep boy, it's just the start of the end," Hoseok raised the glass. "For the end of the world and for your brave friend, may all hybrids dye out first. Cheers."

Jimin couldn't listen so he ran outside crossing the distance to Jungkook's room storming inside, turning into a fox forgetting the hat he was wearing, so it suddenly fell onto him trapping him to the floor.

What was Jungkook doing now?

"We're all alone here and no one will see, especially your saint of a friend," the courtesan cornered Jungkook to the thick plants growing along the labyrinth walls.

She licked her lips meaningfully, her hand gliding down Jungkook's chest untying two buttons of his shirt landing on his skin like a touch of an ice cube.

"Told you I'm not in the mood," Jungkook's voice was dry.

The plants behind him were rustling when he took the woman's hand off himself.

A roar invaded the space, so both turned around to see a monstrous bear-like form running down the alley.

"Protect me soldier," the courtesan hid behind him taking a blue pistol with a fire flare out while the roaring bear gaining speed towards them.

"Fire into the sky!" Yelled Jungkook, but the woman was pointing the gun at the bear.

"Do you want me?" Jungkook turned to her seeing her greedy eyes lighting up. "So fire into the sky!"

She hesitated a second. The bear hybrid was almost reaching them when the noise of the red flare rocketing into the sky made it jump past them.

Jungkook clung to the wall inhaling sharply watching the hybrid escaping down the alley.

"You should have taken a weapon and defended me. We could have killed it and score a point," she pouted her lips.

"I can still score," muttered Jungkook.

"Really, so let me get my trophy first," her whisper filled his ear, when he closed his palm on his mother's dagger he had smuggled in here underneath the jacket making one swift move to press it into her stomach.

Her eyes widened for a second before changing color into glittery gray.

"You boy forgot human's can't kill demons," her scary laughter filled the alley.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I hope you are enjoying the story. What do you think about Jimin's conversation with Hoseok? Will Jungkook be able to escape the labyrinth?

Much <3