𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭

Pairing: Tubbo + Reader
Warnings: Mentions of death
Pronouns: They/them

----------

Tubbo sighed heavily and slumped into benches that hung over L'Manburg and tipped the hat he was grasping tightly, holding it too his chest. He looked down at his knees that were slightly knocked together and felt his breath hitch.

It was abundantly clear that he had something on his mind. Although it was kind of difficult to tell most of the time, his head was clouded with something other than bees and flowers. It was very often that Tubbo put on a facade, a lot of people always assumed that he was a really innocent boy that was completely infatuated with the earth and the animals, like he was incapable of having any negative emotions. And while his love for the earth and animals wasn't untrue, they were wrong about him being a completely positive person. It was still possible for him to be greatly affected by topics like death, which was what happened that night.

"Tubbo?" Technoblade placed his hand on the bench and looked over to him with a worried look. Tubbo jumped in his spot slightly out of surprise and held his hand to his heart.

"Oh my God, Techno, you scared me!" He exclaimed loudly, he clutched his chest to feel that his heart was racing quicker than ever due to the shock.

Technoblade didn't speak, but instead just stood silent in front of him. Tubbo looked his outfit up and down and saw that he was no longer dressed in his enchanted armour or carried any of his weapons. He donned his crown, his cloak and his robes like a king as he stood over the bench. The harness that carried his sword and axe had been removed and the line of potions he always wore on his belt were no longer seen. There was nothing on him that posed itself to be a danger, other than himself.

"Wait..." Tubbo hummed, suddenly realising why that could be the case. "Are you leaving now?" He frowned, a prettified look slowly growing in his eyes.

"Yeah, I guess." He shrugged, voice low and monotone. "I did what I came here to do. There's nothing left for me in L'Manburg."

"W-Well... You've still got us!" Tubbo began to grow a little bit worried and leaned forward slightly, trying to pull Technoblade over to L'Manburg. His stammers were pleading and it was more than clear that he didn't want Technoblade to leave. He was clinging onto any close friendship that he had left. "You can stay! We're rebuilding our nation and I'm sure we can spare a place for you here!"

"No, Tubbo." Technoblade chuckled and scoffed, "I'm an anarchist. I don't think, as a king, I have a place in a a country with a stable government." His comment was harsh to Tubbo's ear, it wasn't the response that he wanted.

"But... Wouldn't you stay to be with your friends?" He tapped his fingers against his palm nervously and tilted his lip.

"No, I have my own kingdom to run." He mumbled. "I'm sure my brothers have got it under control."

"Wilbur and Tommy?" He murmured.

"Yeah, they've ran a country before. And besides, I'm sure that if anything goes wrong. You'll be the perfect president and set them straight." Technoblade informed Tubbo with a friendly smile, which he reciprocated. Tubbo liked Technoblade. He was a very good role model to him and always made him feel safe. Sure, there was the occasional time where Techno had done something bad, but he always let that slide. Techno's smile was soft and caring, and he continued to keep his friendly expression, but not before Tubbo darkened his eyes and cast his view away for a little bit as he frowned slightly. "Is something wrong?" Techno questioned.

"Uh..." Tubbo croaked and clutched the hat slightly. "A little thing..." he sniffed and felt the tears welling up inside of his eyelids. Technoblade looked surprised, but knew exactly what he was hinting at.

"Oh..." He hummed quietly, moving forward so he could take a seat by Tubbo on the bench. "This is about (Y/n), isn't it?" His eyes were laid on the hat.

Tubbo looked over at Techno through his glassy vision and inhaled sharply, the corners of his lips were tilted down.

"Maybe." He felt thorns wrap around his neck as he struggled to get the words out. It felt so painful to just muster up the courage to say the words that he knows would have helped him. It's good to talk about things, sure, but no when it concerns his appearance. He didn't want to seem weaker than he already was. He didn't want to seem like a crybaby.

"Tubbo..." Techno's voice dropped, his usually-sounding monotone voice now having a hint of emotion in it.

Just as Techno said the word, he felt the faucet in his eyes begin to run. His hands were clutched tightly onto the hat, but the water in his eyelids were on full-power. His face flushed red as his teeth began to grit, the tears streaming down in his face like an uncontrollable waterfall. He rested the hat against his knees as he brought his hands up to rub his eyes, which had seen to be going bloodshot. And, in a quick attempt to comfort him, Techno stretched himself forward to pull him into a tight hug.

He didn't expect for it to have ended up this way. He and (Y/n) were fighting alongside each other on the battlefield, slaying every enemy in sight. Right after driving a sword through the hearts of his enemies, he really didn't want to turn to see a sword driven through theirs. He wasn't prepared.

The moment, at least to him, felt so powerful. It was the kind of powerful that made you feel weak once it happened. And he sure did feel a lot less powerful. Not only because (Y/n) always acted like some sort of protection to him, but because he felt like he wasn't mentally strong enough to cope with their death. Techno pulled away from Tubbo's hug to see that his eyes were still welling with tears, the whiteness in them were practically red. He left little damp patches from where he cried on Techno's shirt, but he elected to ignore them.

"(Y/n) died for a cause. They died for us, Tubbo." He muttered and held his hand on his shoulder.

"But they didn't deserve it." He whimpered and clutched the hat tightly, running his hand over his face to scratch his reddened nose. "They fought so well and they received so little back." Tubbo steadily turned the cap over to pull out the name tag inside of it. '(Y/n) - L'manburg' were the words scribbled into the paper. "It's not fair, Techno."

"I know, Tubbo." Technoblade pulled his arm over Tubbo's shoulder to pull him into another hug. He wasn't at all reluctant and immediately dived into Technoblade to pull him back closer to him, desperate for any sort of emotional attention. He grasped his clock and let the tears flow down his cheeks.

"I would've wanted to celebrate with them." He cried, his skin going puffy from all of the water and the stinging he felt in his eyes.

"I know... They would've wanted to celebrate too." Techno patted his head and inhaled slowly. "They would've cheered when you got up onto that podium. You deserve that spot."

"But it just doesn't feel right without them. They were the reason I fought. I was fighting for them, Technoblade." He looked up at the king with a quivering lip and a look of sorrow drenched in his eyes.

"You're right. You were fighting for them. So don't give up now." He tilted Tubbo's head up. "Don't let their death be in vain."

Tubbo went silent and just looked down at the grass beneath his feet. When he pulled himself away from Techno, he felt a little part of him become even more withered with the few seconds that came to pass them by.

"Tubbo, I know you're sad. But if you think about where (Y/n) is right now, you know that they'd be happy for you." He stated comfortingly. "I just know that they're looking down at you from their place in the sky and saying..."

"I'm proud of you."