Finding Dates

"Its best for them

"Its best for them."

y/n pov

I didn't go to any classes the next day. I just sat in the Astronomy Tower, looking out at the school grounds.

My father got what he wanted. His perfect pureblood daughter only hanging out with other perfect purebloods.

As great as Melody, Draco, and Cedric have been, I need Ron, Hermione, and Harry.

I need Harry.

I feel awful for what I did yesterday. If I had just read the letter later and said no to Cedric things would be so different right now. Not that I'm not exited to go with Cedric, it just feels wrong.

I do like him and all but it feels like I'm leading him on. I know that no matter how amazing Cedric is, its always going to be Harry.

I would ignore my father like I normally do but he said there would be consequences. He'd never hurt me, deep down he does love me and somewhere in my heart I probably love him too.

Its the others I'm worried about him hurting. I don't know how far he'd go but I'm not sure I want too.

I sighed and layed down, looking up at the grey sky.

I haven't spoken to anyone since Harry last night. I left a letter explaining it to Hermione this morning. I didn't want to see her reaction. Knowing Hermione Granger, she'd look for every possible way around it and object until I have to hex her mouth shut.

I also sent a letter to Draco and Melody explaining everything that happened.

I sat up when I heard the large door creak open. It was Draco. I knew he'd come visit me and I knew he'd know just where to find me.

He sat next to me.

"You don't have to skip class for me." I said not looking away from the sky.

"I didn't want to go anyway. Are you ok?"

"I will be." He probably heard the uncertainty in my voice. Hogwarts is my escape, my home. It won't be the same without the people who first made it my home.

"I know what you think you're doing is best for them, but its not. Its not best for you either. You all need each other."

"Draco Malfoy being sincere. What ever did I do to deserve such a rare version of you?" I said sarcastically.

"I'm serious."

I thought for a moment. "Its best for them."

"No its not. You should have seen them at breakfast this morning. They looked like they had just come from a funeral. Granger barely spoke, Weaselbee didn't look all to eager to eat, and I don't think Potter did."

"Better than the alternative."

"I don't think so."

I turned to look at him with a confused expression. "You don't actually know your father would do anything. Its all a big if."