Chapter 36 - Violence in the Great Hall

A/N: Aaah, nothing like some DR-esque Sev dreams to get me back on Wattpad 🙈 sure it's great that my drugz help keep the depression away, but best of all they give me a billion awesome half-lucid dreams erry night bbyyyyy!

And the magic ones are the best. I've literally been considering memorising some more HP spells because in my dreams im like fak i only know expelliarmus and stupify. But my slow dream-brain sometimes finds it hard to remember even just expelliarmus, so I don't think i have much chance of remembering something like petrificus totalus. I almost avada kedavra'd someone last night but I was like ah fuck wait thats the killing curse, don't say that. I mean, it was a servant of Voldemort come to hunt me down... but still... I suppose im just a good guy like that *hair flick*

Follow me if you wanna be notified if i ever decide to recap an epic HP dream lol ooooor just to boost my ego :P

But apologies for the hiatus everyone 😬 You'll (hopefully) be pleased to know that one of my 2021 goals is to reach 100k reads soooo if im gonna get anywhere near that imma have to get on to regular updates and get this story moving onto the fun stuff... you know, a handhold, a hug, dare i say, a lil kiss. You know, the kinda stuff you'd expect to get by chapter 10... not 40 🤦‍♀️

-El x

ps i've been re-watching The Office US (the best show ever) and i impulse ordered a Dunder Mifflin hoodie off AliExpress and also i kinda have a crush on Dwight wtf is wrong with me lmao

*

"Hey, Ash... Ash... Asha!"

"Shut up, Alisha," Jules scolded in a low voice. "You know she likes to sleep in. Besides, it's the holidays. I think she needs a break from your nagging more than she needs a break from school."

Alisha, who was standing beside Asha's four-poster, screwed up her face at her 'considerate' roommate.

"Alisha, everyone needs some extra sleep now and again," Jules reasoned.

"Yes, but no one needs that much extra sleep," Alisha protested.

"I agree," chimed Maive from the doorway.

Alisha shot Jules a smug look and inhaled a large gust of air in preparation to bellow Asha's name. But Maive wasn't done.

"...with Jules," she finished. "You should shut up, Leesh."

Alisha pouted.

"Hey now, don't give me that look," Maive chuckled. "You forgot that Ash casts that stupid sound-barrier around her bed. So, the only way to wake her up is like this..."

She promptly skipped across the dorm and belly-flopped on top of Asha, who was buried in a cocoon of blankets.

"Yesss!" Alisha cheered. Jules rolled her eyes and went back to folding her clothes.

"Maaaaiive," Asha whined, burrowing deeper under the covers. Much like the previous nights, she'd spent the very early morning outside in the snow, playing around with wandless magic. She could've practised in some abandoned section of the castle, but she loved the outdoor air enough to put up with the wet and cold.

"It's almost eleven you goose!" Maive laughed, rolling off Asha and sitting cross-legged on the end of the bed. "We're gonna go into town, and you're coming with us, right?"

Asha groaned.

"Yes, you are!" Alisha decided on her behalf. She tugged Asha's pillow out from under her and hit her with it. "I want your opinion on those shoes I was telling you about. You know, the gold and white ones that match my dress?"