Chapter 50

"What the fuck." I breathed, seeing Jade and Roman at my doorstep.

"Well are you going to let us in or not?" Jade asked and I moved aside so they could walk in.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked, not hiding my happiness.

"Enzo." Roman simply said before pulling me into a hug, which made me uncomfortable.

"That's my Shy." He breathed.

"Why didn't my mom let you in?" I asked.

"She thought we were girl scouts and slammed the door on our faces."

"So...? Aren't you going to show us around, this is a fucking palace?!" Jade exclaimed.

I showed them around, and then we spend the day all over the house. The ice cream parlour, the cinema room, they even had me calling my moms massage lady for their sore backs from travelling.

"Okay, so...." Roman rushed up to me from the kitchen island with a strange excitement. He then reached to the side and pulled out a bag.

"We haven't seen you in like forever, and it was your birthday yesterday so here...." Jade added.

I raised my eyebrows with surprise and handed me the bag. "Thats so sweet but you know you didn't have to-

"Just take it Shy." He said as he rolled his eyes, and I  pulled out a shiny red book. My mouth opened with awe as I admired it. It was decorated with gold on the outside and had a gold padlock.

"Shit guys. This is beautiful." I said speechlessly. I was always taken aback when someone got me something. The fact that they thought of me that way.

I opened the padlock, and my eyes widened seeing pictures as soon as I opened the book. They were pictures of my time in college that Roman had took.

"When did you take these??" I asked, knowing I stopped them him from taking any pictures of me.

"I have my ways." He shrugged.

I scanned over the photos, seeing so many moments. There was one of me, Roman and Jade from when we were trapped in the wilderness. A chuckle escaped from my mouth remembering that day.

"Look, theres a photo of you eating a corndog in a pissed mood." Jade said and pointed to it.

"I love this. Thank you." I smiled. "That's the second time I've said that phrase within a year."

"You poor thing." Jade said and pretending to pity me. I playfully lowered my eyebrows at her and we all laughed.

Roman and Jade coming here really helped my loneliness. They made me feel accepted, and loved me for who I was.

Unfortunately they only stayed a day though, and had to head back for college. I almost wished I could return with them, but I couldn't.

—————————————————————————

"FUCK!!!!" My dad snarled as he stormed into the house. Me and Theo turned our heads to look at him, before returning to what we were doing.

"I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL THAT BASTARD!!!"

"Who?" Theo asked, lifting his head from his laptop.

"That Lorenzo Santini!!" He snapped, the name making me stiffen. I suddenly stopped chewing the Cheetos I was eating.

Theo also became tense hearing Santini. "Angelo's youngest?"

"Yes Angelo's FUCKING youngest!!" My dad spat before grabbing a bottle of alcohol. I shuddered at the familiar sight and moved my eyes away from him.