Chapter 53

2 in one dayyy🧍🏾‍♀️

-

Omniscient

"Hi how are you?" The therapist opened the door.

"I'm fine, he's coming in soon. He had a call to take." Niy  smiled walking in.

"Take a seat and we'll get started." She opened the door for Jay. He walked in taking off his hat.

"You straight?" He sat next to her.

"I'm okay." She nodded her head. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and kissed her forehead. She rested her hand on his leg.

"Okay let's get started shall we?" She put on her glasses.

"How long have y'all been together?" She crossed her leg.

"Coming up on a year officially, but we've known each other for a year and some change." Niy pulled down her dress.

"Okay great, what made you all apply for a session?"

"We been arguing a lot, it became a cycle." Jay responded.

"What's the reason for the arguing?"

"We don't know." Niy cleared her throat.

"Well I can tell you do, this is an open space. So please inform me." She smiled.

"I cheated a while back." Jay rubbed his waves.

"Aniya how did that make you feel?" She turned towards her.

"Niy please, but it made me feel like I wasn't good enough. Knowing I didn't have everything he wanted, it hurts." She responded.

"Okay Jay'shawn, how does it make you feel hearing her say that?"

"Dubs, but shit I knew all that already. I knew that when I made the decision to do it. But that don't mean she ain't perfect, I want her and only want her." He shrugged.

"So why'd you do it then?" Niy snapped her head up at him.

"I been told you there ain't no excuse for it." He sighed.

"So stop trying to excuse the shit." Niy sat back.

"Okay reel it back in, Niy you're speaking with a lot of aggression. Why is that?" The therapist asked.

"It's the only way I get my point across, he's so head strong he don't listen." Niy always felt like Jay didn't take into account anything she had to say.

"Dubs, is there-A man is supposed to provide for the woman, I'm head strong cause at the end of the day imma always make sure she straight." He cut her off.

"You see, he doesn't listen." Niy laughed.

"Ok lemme ask you this" The therapist turned towards her "Is there a reason you're holding on to something that happened months ago?"

"No I- So don't hold onto it. You don't care about the cheating Niy, you care about the principal behind it. You want to seem perfect, when in reality no relationship is." The therapist cut her off.

"You're holding onto to something that's pulling you back, you know he wouldn't put you all's family in jeopardy. You know he loves you, but you're still holding onto it why?" She continued.

The therapist could see Niy just wanted to be in control. And she did, she didn't like the affect Jay had on her. She was always very independent.

"Mr. Williams you're quiet." She turned towards him.

"Ain't got shit to say." He fixed his watch on him.