Ch 72 - Intern Floor 3

Peter walked into Tony's lab. They exchanged greetings in a nod and got to work. It was really quiet. Suddenly Peter's phone started ringing. Peter ignored the call after seeing the contact name Ned. Tony gave him a look.

Suddenly the ringtone changed and a woman said. 'Protocol Override. Code : Star Wars is Life'. Tony got a little alert by this. Peter picked up the phone. "May I be excused Mr. Stark. This seems important". Peter asked. Though Tony now wanted to hear the conversation he allowed him to go to a corner.

"Peter Peter". Ned said. "What?" Peter asked. "I got STAR WARS UCS MILLENIUM FALCON". Ned screamed in the phone. OK Peter lost his mind too. "What the fuck? No way how dude?" Peter asked. "Lucky draw. I'm fucking lucky. My bf is Spider-Man and now I win the Jackpot. We are making it tomorrow night. It's a sleepover". Ned said.
Peter looked back to see Tony looking at him.

"Ah yeah yeah sure thing. I'm a little busy now with the internship. Call you later" Peter said ending the call. He sat back behind Tony. "What happened?" Tony asked. "Ahh my friend got the LEGO STAR WARS : UCS MILLENIUM FALCON in a lucky draw". Peter said. "You still play with lego?". Tony asked.

Peter gave him a weird look. "Yeah?" Peter said. "Nice language. Cap would have liked that". Tony said. Peter blushed a little. "Mr. Stark can you like talk to me without talking about anyone else? I don't like that." Peter said. "Alright straight questions. OK?" Tony asked.

Peter nodded. "Who was the lady on your phone?" Tony asked. Peter gave him a weird look. "What lady?" Peter asked. "The one that said 'Protocol Override'. Tony asked."Ahh that's Chloe it's like a little Google. I made her as a side project of my own". Peter said. Tony gave him an incredible look. "So you made an AI?" Tony asked.

Peter shrugged. "I mean she's not that advanced to compete with Friday but you can call her an AI". He said. "Is that so? Friday were you impressed?" Tony asked. "No sir. My super awesome bro has introduced me to Chloe before hand". Friday said.

Peter blushed a tomato. "OK I can explain". Peter said. Tony opened his hands motioning 'Please do'. "OK so... Yeah I can't. I had no reason to do that. I was bored. It was starting of the job so I got no projects and only supplied coffee and she always told me 'Mr. Parker Mr. Winston wants coffee'.". Peter said. "So..?" Tony asked.

"Ah I got tired of Mr. Parker so I hacked her to call me that. Which doesn't seem very smart now. But then it was. It got me attention and I got real projects". Peter said. "You didn't do anything else by hacking her?" Tony asked folding his arms. "Never Mr. Stark I'm not that kind of hacker". Peter said making an offended face.

"Still doesn't seem foolish. It wasn't smart but required smartness". Tony said. "Not really. It wasn't that hard". Peter said rubbing his neck. "So you're saying my AI is bad?" Tony asked raising an eyebrow. "No. No. No. No. Mr. Stark that's not what I meant".Peter rambled. Tony chuckled.

"I'm just messing with you". Tony said. "Is there any coding in you that I could hack to get you to call me Tony?" Tony asked. "Not really Mr. Stark. I think I'm human. I'm like 90% sure. But we all could be in a simulation and any time pssh we're gone with an off button when the player gets bored". Peter said making face and waving hands.

"You believe in conspiracy theories?" Tony asked laughing at his mimicking. "Don't laugh at me. Great minds believed in them". Peter yelled embarrassed. "So you're a great mind?" Tony asked. "I mean science yeah? I can say so myself. But in common sense I would not say that cause even I believe I'm stupid and everyone I know agrees". Peter said.

Tony chuckled. "Well in between our little talk our work sure suffered for today". Tony said. Peter looked up. "Uh I'm done with the gauntlet that you gave me to repair and the formula to synthesise". Peter said. "You did that while talking?" Tony asked amazed. "If I couldn't do stuff while talking I would have been kicked out by Happy long ago". Peter said. I chuckled.

"So.. It's getting late your parents must be worried". Tony said. He was met with an awkward silence and a sad look. "Ah I live with my Aunt and she must be getting worried". Peter said getting up and packing his backpack. "You live with your aunt? What about your parents?" Tony asked pressing the point.

"Ah they kind of died when I was 3... And my uncle too the previous year".Peter said. OK Tony fucked up real bad. "I'll see you tomorrow". Peter said. Tony nodded and Peter walked out. Tony entered the living area. They were watching the live feed from Tony's lab?

"You guys have no boundaries". Tony said. "And you fucked up". Natasha and Clint said. "I know I know. It was going great then I had to ask that stupid question". Tony said flopping down in the couch. "I shouldn't have when I saw his mood". "It's alright I think it went great. The kid was smart to do the work given while chatting". Pepper said.

"Yeah he's a good kid". Tony said smiling.