Bubbles

author's note: god it took me way too long to write this chapter, and then right when i'm finished, wattpad decides to quit. i'm going mental. love and fruit baskets to anyone who takes time out of their day to read my story.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

September 3, 1992

Elodie woke up the next morning, alone. A harsh headache beat into her skull, and the warm light of the common room burned at her eyelids. Amazingly, she wasn't as cold as she normally was in the mornings. Someone had draped a blanket over her while she slept.

"Hello, Elodie. Did you sleep here?" The bemused voice of Harry Potter prompted her to sit up, but she immediately dropped back down from vertigo.

"Hi, Harry. I did, didn't I?" She pressed her thumbs into her temple.

"You missed dinner last night." He informed her.

"It appears so. I'm starving, I wish we hadn't."

"You didn't miss out on much. Dinner was kind of horrible, actually." He rested his arms upon the top of the couch so strands of his messy black hair dangled in her face.

She reached out and swatted at his hair. "What happened?"

"Ron got a howler." His green eyes were wide.

Elodie chuckled. "Ouch. What for?"

"From Molly, because we took the car."

"But you were stuck, weren't you? That's not your fault!" She frowned.

"Well, more than a few lovely adults have informed us there were other ways to have handled the situation." Harry rolled his eyes.

"Shut it. Your way was the most badass, hands down."

"We were seen, though. Arthur's facing an inquiry." He said sadly. Elodie sat up, and managed to stay that way.

"What?"

"I know. I feel awful." Harry's forehead was deeply creased. Elodie pulled him onto the couch so he could sit next to her.

"Harry, love, it's not your fault." She said sternly. "Nor is it Ron's."

"You sound like Mrs. Weasley." He laughed.

"Yes, I try to emanate her as much as possible." Elodie grinned. "Go down to breakfast, I'll be along."

He gave her a grateful smile and stood up, clambering out of the portrait hole. In turn, she hurried up the stairs to her dormitory where the other three girls were already sitting by their dressers, putting on mascara.

"Elodie!" Maura's head whipped around as she opened the door.

"Maura!" Elodie responded.

"I need to talk to you."

"Now? I was just going to-"

"Now." Maura took her hand and dragged her to the bathroom.

"I snogged Lee." Her hands were running through her hair as she paced back and fourth. For once in her life, it was a mess. "Like, I really snogged him."

Elodie snorted. "I know, I was there."

"Cedric is going to kill me." She breathed.

"Cedric isn't going to be killing anyone. He's much to nice." Elodie put her arm around her friend, and they sat down against the cold tile wall.