Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I go into Chemistry and sit down, waiting for the class to start. I see Zach come in and he comes sit next to me. He is acting all weird for some reason. “What’s wrong?” I ask. “Look, did you hear what I said when you walked by this morning?” He asked. “I did, and I don’t care.” I replied back.   “How do you knot care when someone bullies you?” Zach Asked with a depressed look in his face. “I just don’t. I never have cared. I don’t care what people have to say about me.” I responded. “Yes you do. Everyone cares. That’s why my group does it. And other people.” He looked at me. “We will talk later when we do the project. Ok?” I asked. “Fine.” He sighed. “Ok class, please take your seats and settle down please.” Yelled Mr. King. “Now, about the project; there is 5 full week to do this project. You will be spending a lot of Personal time with your partner to finish this project because you wont have no time in class to finish except, the last day it is due, to finish up and tie up the lose ends. Now, you will be drawing from a box. What ever topic you draw, you will be doing that topic.” He starts walking around the room and letting people draw from the box. Couple minutes later he comes to our lab station. “One of you chose.” He demanded. I reach for the box and he knocks my hand out of the way. “I’m choosing nerd.” He laughed. I look at him and roll my eyes. He reaches inside the box and picks up a piece of paper. “What’s your topic?” Asked Mr. King. “Chemical and physical Changes.” Zach responded. “Good topic. Old but gold.” Mr. King smiled.  “What’s the topic actually about?” Asked Zach. “How things change in chemistry I guess.” I replied. He looks over at me and I know he is about to say something stupid. “You mean a nerd doesn’t know something?” He laughed.  “Shut up.” I demanded Mr. King walks back in front of the class room. “Ok, class calm down. Now about the rules of the project. You have to write a page essay exploring the project. Also what you think it actually means. But I recommend it to be more then a page. You’ll get extra credit for more pages of the essay. But no more then three pages because I don’t want to read all of them. So, no more then three pages. You will be providing your own materials. You can do it on anything you want. But please make it a little like science and or Chemistry.” Mr. King said. “Talk to your partners for the rest of class and discuss what you are going to do. But you only have five minutes left of class so maybe talk about that later.” He added. “Meet me at my car and we will go to the coffee shop after school.” I demanded. “How do I know what car is yours?” He asked. “That’s for you to figure out and for me to watch”. I smiled and looked away. “That is so not fair.” He responded. “Life is not fair. You have your ups and downs but you just have to enjoy it on the way up and on the way down.” I replied. “Ding, Ding, Ding” The bell ringed and I gather up my stuff and when I was about to ask Zach a question, he was already gone. I don’t understand why this kid leaves so fast. It is like he don’t want to be seen in this class or something. I go to my locker and drop my books off for lunch. “Hey boo, you ready?” Asked Carmen. “Yeah, let’s go get some food.” I smiled. “You have to tell me what goes on at the coffee shop later. Because I really want to know what happens just incase there is a fight.” Carmen Laughed. “There will be no fights Carmen.” I laughed and shake my head. “You know there will be Max. Like come on, you two hate each other, He bullies you, and he calls you a fag. And everything else. Obviously there will be a fight.” “Ok one, he never called me a fag, two, there will be no fights or he is going to do this stupid project by himself.” I responded. “Well, his group called you a fag. It is the same dang thing boy.” She pointed out. We gather our food and out it onto the tray and head for our table. “What the hell are they doing there?” Carmen asks. I look over and Zach and his group are sitting at our table. I walk over and ask, “This is our table, why are you sitting here? You belong over there” I pointed at their table. Everyone starts laughing at the table except Zach. “Well we are sitting here fag.” Laughed Gretchen. “Get up.” I demanded. Alyssa, Gretchen and Andrew stand up from the table and walk in front of us. “Grab your little prissy Carmen.” Shouted Alyssa. “Why are you even hanging out with him?” Asked Andrew. “Unlike you guys that are fake to each other, Max is actually my true best friend. This is our table now get up and find some where else to sit.” Carmen demanded. “Wow that is cold Carmen.” Responded Gretchen. “Yeah that is cold.” Alyssa agreed. They get up from the table and walk over on the other side of the cafeteria and sit down. I sit down at the table and start eating. “You stood up for me.” I smiled at Carmen. “You know I got your back baby.” She smiled back. “See what I mean when Zach doesn’t do anything?” I informed Carmen. “Yeah, but still he is too afraid to stand up for anyone because he doesn’t want to lose his popularity. And plus he was laughing.” She replied. We finish up eating lunch talking about the fault into our stars and how depressing but lovely the movie and book was. I finish up rest of my classes and the bell rings at the end of the school day.