Chapter 24

"You should dress up more." I blink at Eros, glancing down at my outfit that I was still in. "You might look plain, but you've got a pretty nice body."

"Yeah, totally." He snickers at my monotone response before leading me to the door. "Thanks for today." Ares's office. I smile at him.

Honestly, I feel like I really needed a day off. Even though I was literally hanging out with the God of Love, today has felt... normal. Well, as normal as the past days have felt.

"I'm always here if you need anything. I put my number into your phone when you weren't looking." Huh. I pull my phone from my pocket, and he was right. His contact was there.

Under the name, "The Sexiest Man Alive."

"Do—"

"Bye now," He waves at me, cutting me off. Eros snaps, before his figure disappears from view. Hm.

I press my palm against the door, pushing it open.

"—there's no reason to be hesi—" I glance inside, catching sight of Ares and... Deimos. His white irises center in on me and he narrows his eyes, shutting his mouth.

"S-Sorry, did I interrupt?"

"No, we were just wrapping things up. We'll talk more tomorrow." Ares says, before regarding Deimos. He nods, before disappearing.

Cautiously, I step inside of the office, closing the door behind me. Ares watches my every move with amused eyes, a smirk playing on his lips.

He was dressed casually, like the times I usually see him in. I guess I still liked this Ares more than Business Man Ares. "Did you have fun today?"

I sit down on a leather seat. "Eros dragged me to every single store in the entire plaza and made me try on thousands of clothes." The God of War chuckles, before resting his cheek against his knuckles, leaning back in his chair. "Oh, and we literally got every single dessert in sight. Ice cream, churros, even chocolate strawberries from the exclusive chocolatier stores!"

He picks up his pen, before filling out some paper work on his desk.

"It was pretty cool when he basically knew everyone. Did you know he had his ears pierced? I didn't even notice until he asked me about what studs to get." He said that he had a hard time choosing between the gold and silver ones. "They both looked really shiny and nice, so I didn't know what to say..."

I glance over at him. Oh. His pen was scribbling away at the paper, busy as always. I was rambling on and on, he probably isn't paying attention.

I stare down at my hands, not really sure about what to do. I shoul—

"Why'd you stop talking?"

My eyes raise in surprise, meeting his silver ones. "What?"

"Why'd you stop talking?" He repeats, raising an eyebrow.

"You... were actually listening?" Whenever I rambled, Keith always ignored me and then complained later about how I talked too much.

"Well, someone has to, doll. Finish the story." I look back down at my hands, a small smile growing on my lips.

He wasn't Keith. He was Ares, Ares the God of War, who is currently listening to me talk about my day at a plaza.

Huh.

"Eros ended up buying both of them. Then, the manager brought us to the back where they made the studs by hand," I watched as he started writing again, nodding occasionally to my words.