Chapter VI

"Where is she?" Lauren asked Dinah who looked down and shook her head. Two weeks, Two weeks since she last saw Camila. Two weeks since the incident, and it was now the last day of school.

"She's not coming to school Lauser." Dinah said sadly. Lauren sighed and looked down as well, slumping on her seat and leaning on her table as she looked at the empty seat beside her. She tried contacting the brunette, but there was never an answer. She reached Camila's social medias and even her email address but the brunette never replied to any of it.

"You guys look really good in the brochures." Normani said as she tried to lighten up the mood, only to make the raven slump down badly. Why did she have to be different?

"Alright class! The rest of the period is all yours. Enjoy your summer vacation!" Mr. Miller said as the class cheered on.

"Ms. Jauregui, Ms. Hamilton, please stay." Mr. Miller instructed. Dinah sighed and got up as she waited for both girls outside the room.

"Laur, get up." Normani said while Lauren sighed, standing up and fixing her things. This was not how she expected the last remaining days of classes.

"I would like to offer you to take my classes for next year, I've seen your records. I'm confused as to why you never decided to go to the Star Section." Mr. Miller said.

"The truth is Mr. Miller, we wanted to. But there's a part of us that likes to lay low, be chill. Other students from this section are very competitive and we don't want that." Normani said while the man nodded in understanding.

"But upon sitting in your class for the rest of the school year. I've realized that it's not really how students think it is when you're in the SS, in fact it's more laidback here." Normani chuckled.

"So what do you both girls say? Will you join my student list next school year?" Mr. Miller asked hopefully.

"I could you two more extra smart girls. Not to mention, all arounders."

"Laur?" Normani asked while Lauren gave out a soft smile.

"Sure Sir." Lauren said.

"If she agrees, then why not?" Normani smiled.

"Great! I'll expect you this enrollment in July alright? Enjoy the summer girls! Oh and Ms. Jauregui? Kudos to you and Ms. Cabello for gathering more students to enroll this coming school year. We already have tons of calls and tons of reservations for transferees." Mr. Miller grinned while the raven let out a soft smile.

"Thank you sir." Lauren said before she waved goodbye to the man.

"What's up gloomy?" Dinah chuckled, Lauren had been a gloomy bubble since the date.

"Shut up." Lauren mumbled.

"Do you have any idea to why Camz didn't show up for school?" Lauren asked Dinah, clinging onto her shoulders.

"Aunt Sinu says she's sick, I went there the other day she really didn't talk much. Walz was just laying there on the bed, either grunting in pain or sleeping." Dinah sighed. The Polynesian didn't know about the date that happened the last time, all she knew was Lauren and Camila were the last ones to go home because of the brochures.

"I see." Lauren sighed.

"She'll be fine Lauser, if you want to. I can give you the address to their house, but I need to ask Aunt Sinuhe for permission first." Dinah said, the raven's eyes lit up as she gave a nod.

"Please do Dj, please do." Lauren said.

"I'm still confused as to why you guys haven't made things official yet." Dinah said. Lauren felt guilty, Camila wanted to but it was her who pushed the brunette away.