Unspoken

Arc: A Bond Thicker than Bone... (1)

~~~

Naruto winced as he could feel something keep on jabbing his abdomen every now and then. That damn fox didn't want to heal his sorry ass because of him being quote-on-quote, "A weak container".

"Bullshit. . ." Naruto muttered as he tried moving but to no avail. His body didn't want to move even the slightest.

"Stop trying to move." Naruto felt a hand hold him down as he groaned from pain. "Your hand feels quite nice. . ." Naruto commented unknowingly. "Thank you, Naruto." Sasuki said as she stitched up every wound on his body.

"Shit. . . that goddamn hurts." Naruto hissed as he grit his teeth. He slowly opened his eyes. What he saw first thing was the pitch-black eyes of Uchiha Sasuki.

"The hell?" Naruto looked around and saw that he was at the house. Sasuki was sitting right next him stitching up the wounds he managed to get during his battle with the 5000 ROOT members that appeared before him.

"I said stop moving." Naruto suddenly felt the spike of pain as he saw Sasuki have a devilish smirk on her face. "Let me do it myself." Naruto tried taking the needle and thread from Sasuki.

"Nuh. . . uh! You can barely move a muscle. What makes you think you can actually handle stitching your wounds." Naruto just sighed in defeat. She did have a point.

"I guess someone weaker than me should be doing it for me. Go on." Naruto grinned as he laid back. A tick mark appeared on Sasuki's forehead. "That's it! You do it yourself!" Naruto widened his eyes.

"Wait! Come on! I was just joking! You know that right?! Right?! It's like. . ." Naruto looked at the clock. "It's midnight!!!" Naruto tried moving once more. Nothing happened. "Wasn't it like 7 P.M? You got to be kidding me." Naruto grit his teeth.

"Stop it. I'll do it, idiot." Sasuki said as she grumbled as she sat back down and continued stitching his wounds. There was a moment of absolute eery silence. That was before Naruto broke the ice.

"Ya know. I like what we have, Sasuki." Naruto said as he looked at the ceiling. Sasuki's eyes widened a bit before the widened eyes died down. "What do you mean by that?" Sasuki asked as she tucked a piece of her hair under her ear.

"Our bantering, I mean. I've always liked it. And I will always continue to do so." A small smile appeared on Naruto's lips as he said those few sentences. This is earned Naruto a small smile from Sasuki. "Me too. . . even when we were genin — I've always seemed to like the banter also." Naruto scoffed.

"I didn't. That can't even be considered as banter." Naruto stuck his tongue out. Sasuki wanted to argue back for a moment, but all that came out of her was just a hum of agreement.

"Hey, Sasuki." Naruto called out.

"Hm?" She asked as she stitched up another part of his wounds. "Who's going to be the next Hokage?" She stopped for a moment. To be truthful, she had absolutely no idea.

"I don't know. Maybe Kakashi. But he's lazy and always late, so. . ." Naruto just nodded as he kept on thinking. "If I had the choice to pickthe next Hokage, I'd choose Konohamaru." Said Naruto as he slowly felt the numbness to go away.