Downward Spirals

"It's like she never lived here." Elena stated into the phone as we walked around the dorm seeing all of Caroline's things gone. "How's her house?" She added and I put my hair behind my ear listening.

"Empty. Caroline took everything but the doors off their hinges." Stefan pointed out and I sighed.

"So what? She just flips her humanity switch and then came back to her dorm, took all of her clothes-" Elena started before opening Caroline drawer for her desk. "And thank you notes before leaving town?" She added and I shrugged. "This makes no sense." She stated completely confused.

"This coming from the girl who burnt our house down." I countered, crossing my arms over my chest and she eyed me.

"Do you think she's trying to cut off ties from her past?" Elena asked stupidly and I rolled my eyes sitting on the bed.

"I certainly don't think she's having a yard sale, Elena." Stefan stated and I laughed a bit.

"Okay, why are you getting mad at me? I'm not the one who did this." She fired back and I rose my eyebrow at the bickering ex couple

"Yeah. I know, I'm sorry." Stefan replied in defeat and I sighed at them.

"Okay, look, Elena and I will look around campus and ask if anyone's seen her. Let us know if you find anything." I added getting up from the bed.

"Okay, bye." Stefan said hanging up and Elena turned away from me before the dorm door opened and I rose my eyebrow.

"Looks like you could use a friend." Bonnie's voice stated and Elena swiftly turned around, widening her eyes.

"Bonnie-how are you-" Elena asked completely in shock but Bonnie laughed.

"Back from the dead? You'd think I'd be used to this part by now." Bonnie replied before they quickly walked towards each other and hugged. "Let's look at some of my clothes I've missed, shall we?" She added and I laughed as she walked towards her wardrobe. "My not flannel blouse, not flannel t-shirts and-oh, I really missed my not so flannel V-neck." She added clinging it to her chest as Elena grabbed a wine bottle and I sat on the bed watching Bonnie carefully.

"Suck it, 1994." Elena laughed before popping the cork and I saw Bonnie jump, grabbing onto the dresser. I rose my eyebrow before Elena chimmed in. "I bought this bottle of wine the same day that Mariana and Damon went to rescue you." She stated and I looked at Bonnie who turned towards us emotionlessly. "But they didn't so I obviously couldn't open and celebrate." She added and I looked away from her as she poured a glass. "This is to you." She stated handing the glass to Bonnie. "You were suck there all by yourself while we were back here living our lives-" Elena started and I grabbed the bottle.

"And this is the worst toast ever." I stated smirking before taking a gulp.

"I'm back home. That's all that matters." Bonnie reassured smiling at us and I rose my eyebrow as she downed her wine. "Can we talk about the fact how I drove Jeremy away to art school?" Bonnie asked in amusement and I rolled my eyes pouring more wine into her glass.

"So does that make you his muse? Because.. Ew." Elena replied and I sighed at her.

"Do me a favor, don't tell him I'm back yet." Bonnie added nodding at us both.

"Wait, you haven't even called him?" Elena asked confused and I rolled my eyes at her.

"She probably wants to give him a chance at normal before we drag him back into all of this." I stated downing the rest of the bottle.

"Yeah, well, I think that's best too—but Bonnie, you should at least tell him that you're okay." Elena pushed and I sighed at her.

"I will. I'll tell him.. Coming back to life isn't as easy as it seems, okay? Besides, we have a roommate without her humanity and in serious need of an intervention." Bonnie replied and I smirked nodding in agreement before the door opened again and Caroline walked in with shopping bags. Lot of them.