1

can yall believe this is my take on a twin fic............. vote & comment if u like <3

-

"Are you sure you're okay with this?"

Camila Cabello knocks her head back against her seat, her bangs falling in front of her eyes. "You've asked me that a dozen times, you know that? Yes. I'm okay. I'm so okay."

"Alright." Camila's mother is chewing on her bottom lip as she turns the steering wheel. "You can call me whenever, okay? I mean it. The both of you," she adds, shooting a glance towards the backseat, where Camila's younger sister Sofia is staring out the window with huge eyes. "Anything goes wrong, you can come right back home."

"What the hell would go wrong?" Camila asks.

"Language, Jesus christ." Camila's mom snaps her fingers in Camila's direction.

"Language, Jesus christ," Sofia mimics from the backseat. Camila hides her snort in her fist.

"Hey." Camila's mom snaps her fingers behind her now. "Don't take the lord's name in vain, Sofia."

"We're not even religious," points out Camila, but her mother just shakes her head, eyes narrowing in that stern mom way that Camila is going to miss terribly.

The truth is she is so okay with this, even though it's kind of hard to believe, and she knows why her mother's so nervous about this. Yes, she is okay with uprooting her whole life and moving hours away and starting her junior year at an entirely new school. Yes, she is okay with living with her dad for the next two years, even though it sucks and she's going to miss her mom like nothing else, but, well-

She also kind of needs this.

It's all one big mess, really. Camila's old school was a trainwreck. Private, Catholic, all-girls, the whole nine yards. Along with the mean, mean girls, the ones who found out she was gay and taunted her mercilessly. You have to understand - Camila doesn't tolerate that shit, really. She's strong, and stubborn. She has a hell of a backbone. But then it got all dyke-in-big-Sharpie-letters-on-her-locker, which is so nineties, really, and stealing her books, her gym clothes. It made Camila cry but it also made her furious.

Her mother? Even more furious. She'd marched straight down to the school and reported the girls and complained, but it quickly became clear that the Catholic school's Catholicness was going to be a conflict of interest because they basically said it was Camila's fault for being so obviously gay and therefore her fault for being bullied. So in seconds Camila's mom was pulling her out of school and now, well-

Her parents got divorced when Camila was thirteen, and she's sixteen now, and there was never much of a gaping wound. Sofia (five then, eight now) is too young to remember it. All Camila gleaned from it was that her parents simply were no longer in love. There was no fighting, no big scenes - which, in retrospect, was probably the best thing they could've done - and instead it was a clean break. Her dad moved hours away for his job, and he got Camila and Sofia every other weekend, the holidays split evenly. Truly, her mom and her dad couldn't have done co-parenting better.

In conclusion, Camila has grown up surprisingly well-adjusted despite all of this. She's a good student, a good daughter, a good sister. And she is also an incredibly positive person. Moving to a new high school for what is supposed to be the hardest year of her high school career? Rough, but you know. Entirely manageable. Definitely preferable to being bullied by homophobic assholes.

Sofia is similarly looking forward to this. She's always liked her dad's house a little bit better, what with him living in this ultra-rich suburb very close to the city, and she makes friends like nobody's business. She's certainly doing better than Camila in the personable-and-charismatic department.