20. Locked up

Durk banks pov

I sat in a cold ass room waiting for a detective to come and talk to me

I sat in a cold ass room waiting for a detective to come and talk to me . I probably would have been out by now if they didn't find Vons punk ass gun on my hip . I should have popped his ass with it and gave them something to charge me with forreal .

I called India to tell her what happened so I know she told Kennedy . Kennedy probably going crazy right now . I hate that I have to put her through shit like this . Her and India , that's part of the reason I don't want a baby . I don't need my child worrying if imma make it home or not . I know how that feel

"Durk Derrick banks "  some old nigga calls out walking into the room . I sigh and roll my eyes already knowing where this was about to go . He sat down three bags on the table , then sat down himself . The first one had the gun in it , the second bag had my phone in it , and the third one had pictures of me and Von in it .

"Now mr banks I think you know where this is about to go " he starts " so what can you tell me that I already don't know "

I look him in the eyes and keep a straight face . As much as I hate Von ass right now I'm not finna snitch on my brother . Or on anybody else for that matter . They don't know nothing until you tell them .

"I know this isn't your gun mr banks . But see this gun got bodies attached to it and you looking  like  a suspect right now " he tells me. " I know you not about to let this little menace to society  walk free while you doing his time . "He says holding up a picture of Von "your not stupid are you ?"

I look at the picture and anger resurfaced through my body . Fuck Von .

Omniscient pov

"Ken don't burn down this fucking house" von calls out to Kennedy while watching her grab different foods in the kitchen .

"Shut up I'm not even turning on the stove " she waves him off . He watches her cut up vegetables and twirl around to get to the other side of the floor . A small smile appears on his face without him even realizing it . She's so different to him , she's so pure and happy . Even when she's going through something a smile almost never leaves her face . She made him smile when he was mad , and laugh when he was sad . In some ways he wishes Kennedy was his sister , just so he can have a consistent positive energy in his life .

He watches her almost the whole time she prepared their food and barely even blinked in between time  . She notices him the entire time but decided to just let it happen . Even though she didn't like it . It made her feel warm and nervous . Plus she had non stop butterflies around him.

"Okay I call this the ken club sub sandwich , K C double s for short " she says walking over to him with two plates .  He laughs and looks at the fully loaded sun sand which .

"Damn you found all this in there ?" He asks pointing at the kitchen . She nods and bites into her sand which . It wasn't a petite bite either . Kennedy loves food way to much to try to eat cute in front of a dude .