Ayman's POV

"Yo Mr Haq, are you alright? You've been spacing out a lot the past week!". Abdul my student called out in front of the whole class. "Yes Abdul I'm fine!, get on with the task". I bet you could guess what was on my mind, a week later I was still too scared to ask Uncle Yaqub. Although, whatever his response was going to be I was going to have to accept it as he is her Wali and his decision is final.

It was Friday today, I was going to ask mama and baba their opinion before actually going ahead and asking Uncle Yaqub. I had arrived home and had a shower, mama had set the food on the table. Masoor dhaal and pilau was made today.

I decided to make conversation and ask mama and baba their opinions on asking uncle Yaqub. "Mama, baba I want to know your opinions on something please don't make it awkward for me, I just want to know how you guys are feeling". "When we were leaving Islamic class last week, I saw this woman putting Luqman into the car and the I asked Afiyah who she was and she was telling me that the woman is uncle Yaqub's daughter. I know I only caught a glimpse but to put it respectfully i'm interested and what to get to know her more, what do you think if I ask uncle Yaqub to get to know her more?".

"Beta I'm soooo happy for you!!!" Mama squealed in excitement. "You have my blessings I'm glad you consulted us first before going to ask Yaqub bhai , I have spoken to Ahlam at the Islamic class. She is a good girl with tameez and a beautiful personality not like the girls nowadays moody with badtameez attitude".

And baba what about you, what do you think? "Son I have no problems with you asking Yaqub, I trust you to be respectful and the gentleman that I have raised you to be. If Yaqub says no respect his decision and move on. You know how tough I was on Huzayl when he wanted to get to know Afiyah. So be patient with Yaqub, daughters are a special gift to fathers and I would know best about how he would be feeling because as a father it is an extremely tough decision!".

"Now that that's over go and put your thawb on and get ready so we can go to the Islamic class" baba said. "Challo lets go!! Bismillah". We had finally arrived and my nerves were starting to kick in, my hands were sweating profusely I was overreacting all I was doing is asking uncle Yaqub a man that I've known since I was little. No biggie right!?

The Islamic class was over, I'm not even lying when I say this my heart was about to bounce out of my bloody chest!! Ok bismillah I gave my self a little pep talk.

Now was my chance, "uncle Yaqub, can we talk outside please if you don't mind?" I quietly asked. "Sure why not let's go beta". "Firstly I wanted to ask why on gods earth do you look like you are about to faint, secondly calm down whatever you want to talk about I'm not going to judge, just go with the flow!" Uncle Yaqub said.

"Uncle last week when we came to the class and we were putting our shoes on a lady was putting my nephew Luqman into the car, and I asked my sister more about this person and personality wise they seem nice from what I was told and I'd like to get to know this person more, with your permission".

"Well your asking for my permission and there are only two significant people in my life one is my wife and the other is my daughter. You cant be asking to get to know my wife therefore, you are enquiring about my daughter, if I'm not wrong".

Yes uncle Yaqub I replied in a meek voice.....

"Son let's put it this way I don't really like the fact that someone is asking to get to know my one and only daughter. However, I have seen you grow up before my own eyes, you are a respectable gentleman and I have never heard bad about you. I am giving you my permission to get to know Ahlam on one condition, and that is if she is willing to get to know you and secondly that somebody whether it be your sister, mum or my wife are always present when you are meeting".

"Does that sound fair to you Ayman?. Uncle Yaqub questioned". "Absolutely uncle even if you hadn't told me the conditions I was going to go about this by the Islamic way. I promise to not let you down as her father". I pulled uncle Yaqub into a hug, he patted my back a few times.

Just before we parted ways uncle Yaqub called out "I'm trusting you!!". I vowed to myself at that moment I was not going to let anything sabotage me getting to know Ahlam.

Authors Note :

How was it guys?
Comment and let me know!

Vote? 🤷‍♂️

Till next time,
Allah Hafiz 💕