klee ❧ platonic

"can we play together?"

klee & reader fluff ❧ jean assigns klee to you for a day (part one)

klee & reader
fluff jean assigns klee to you for a day
(part one)

.

"(y/n), I would like for you to care for Klee today."

You almost spat your water out when Jean gave you the order. Your eyes widened as you turned to the blonde knight. "U-Um... What was that?"

Jean smiled softly at you, "I know you're not that good with kids but can you please look after klee today? I'm busy with work and Lisa is busy as well... Amber is off in Springvale and you know how Kaeya is..."

You chuckled at this, "you don't trust Kaeya...?" Jean gave you a small smile, "not necessarily..."

You sighed and nodded, agreeing to go along with Jean's wish.

You were directed to the room next door, where you knocked quietly and called for Klee to come out.

A small blonde child peaked from behind the door, her soft ruby eyes met yours. "W-Who are you...?" You knelt to her level, giving her a reassuring smile.

"I'm (y/n). Jean has assigned me to watch over you today." Her eyes brightened upon hearing Jean's name, coming out from behind the door.

"Oh wow! Then can you play with me today?" An awkward laughter left your throat as you sheepishly rubbed your neck. "Aha... sure! What would you like to play?"

"Let's play Boom! My mommy used to play that game a lot!" you raised an eyebrow in confusion, "uh... what's Boom?"

Klee smiles cheekily at you, gesturing to you to follow her into her room. "I'll show you!"

This was certainly not what you expected.

Her room led to a small underground room that Jean had specially made for her to 'play' in. There, Klee had an excessive amount of bombs hidden away.

"Jean told me to keep all the bombs and creations in here!" You laughed nervously, the bombs here are more than capable of making the entire headquarters collapse.

"So... What's Boom...?" Klee turned to you, holding one of her many creations. "We hold this until the timer goes off and then... BOOM!"

You shuddered at the thought of the headquarters crumbling down because of a mishap with you and this child.

"Aha... how about we play a different game...?" You suggested, smiling softly at Klee who retracted the bomb, holding it closer to her small body. "So... no Boom...?" She glanced up at you, disappointment in her eyes.

You gulped, "ah— how about... I have an idea! Let's go visit Lisa! How about that...?" Klee went silent for a moment, thinking hard.

"Okay! Lisa always gives me candy," you laughed sheepishly, taking the little girl's hand and the two of you made your way to the library but before you could— a certain someone called out your name.

"(y/n)~"

You visibly tensed up, freezing upon hearing the voice. Klee turned to you in confusion before the two of you slowly turned on your heels to see a certain captain making his way over to you.

"Oh hello Klee~ How are you?" Kaeya chuckled, giving the smaller knight a few head pats to which Klee kindly smiled at kaeya. "I'm great! (y/n) is playing with me today!"

His eyes met yours, a mischievous glint in those sapphire orbs. "Oh? Is that so...?" You huffed, rolling your eyes at him.

"Wait!" Klee calls out, which gathers you and Kaeya's attention. She turned to you, a small smile on her lips before she asked,

"(y/n)! (y/n)! Can Kaeya play with us today?"