Chapter Fifty-Seven: Don't Jinx It!

The door burst opened and Bennett walked in only for his eyes to narrow down at me. His hand flew up to cover his face as he looked back at the other room -the fake one- probably to Jordan.

"Why is she here?" He demanded.

Jordan's head poked into the room. "How am I supposed to know? I told her to go back home."

"Well obviously she's here," Bennett snapped.

"He did," I told him, standing up from the couch. "When he left to go meet up with you guys instead of going to the base directly, I went. Besides, the base is closer than home."

"You shouldn't be here," Bennett told me.

"If it makes you feel any better, I kinda fell for the dart trap," I admitted, rubbing my neck at the memory of taking a short nap on the floor before going into the base.

Jordan snapped his fingers. "I knew I heard a chime from my phone." He took out his phone. "Yeah, the trap was deactivated. We were too busy to notice it I guess."

I eyed him. "Too busy with what? What was the urgent thing you guys-"

Jordan cursed and accidentally stumbled into the room, probably not able to carry Declan's weight from the look of it. And he was trying to help him because he was half-unconscious.

And bleeding.

And I don't mean a small little nosebleed which you can easily stop with a tampon. I mean, yeah his nose was bleeding too. Declan's hand was clutching his shoulder covered in blood. He was beaten up and bruised, and I know what it feels like just as much as it looks like because I've beaten up like that. He was so out of it that he needed Jordan to help him, and that's saying something. I looked at Bennett in disbelief and he stopped covering his face with his hand to show a big bruise under his eye. The both of them looked like they were run over, repeatedly, like the car kept on going back and forth on them. Looking away, Bennett helped Jordan out with carrying Declan to the couch.

"I uh- you're bleeding," was the only thing I could say.

Okay, can you blame me? What do you expect me to react to this? Just freak out and run back and forth, thinking what we should do? No, I'm better than that.

That's what I did next.

"What happened? What's going on? This is a gang thing, isn't it? While Jordan and I were at a stupid fair, you two were doing gang stuff with fighting, and now look at you. I can't believe you didn't want me to be here, but then again it's probably because you didn't want me doing this. But seriously we have to take you to the-"

"No hospitals," Bennett said, helping Declan sit on the couch. "They're going to ask too many questions."

"But do you know what they also do? They fix people!"

"They're still going to ask too many questions."

"Well that's too bad because I'm going to ask just as many," I said before looking at Declan. "But right now, we need to help him."

I slowly pried Declan's hand off his shoulder which he was using to handle the pain and to press it to try to stop the bleeding. He winced in pain and I saw his hand was caked in his dried blood. I looked at the wound and did a near double take. You can see it through his shirt. His shoulder was hurt on both sides, at the back it looked like some knife mark while at the front-

"Is that a bullet hole?" I demanded.

"It's just a flesh wound," Jordan assured me.

Declan groaned in agreement, or in pain, or both.