Chapter 25: The Heist

We then followed Bo-Katan and the others out onto the docks, where their ship was. We sat on the ship as Bo-Katan pointed to a freighter that stood in the water not too far from us.

"You see that Imperial Gozanti freighter? It's been loaded with weapons as we speak. According to the port's manifest, it's scheduled to depart at first light." Bo-Katan informed us.

"So we stow away?" I questioned. 

"We've been hitting 'em pretty hard. They scan for lifeforms as a precaution before pushing back." Koska mentioned.

"If you wanna do this with five, you're gonna need the element of surprise." Din commented.

"Exactly. The freighter will maintain trawling speed while inside the shipping lanes and then ascend into orbit. We'll jet up when they're cruising in atmosphere. The tower won't allow them to climb until they've left the port's airspace." Bo-Katan explained.

"Troopers?" Din asked. 

"A squad at most." Bo-Katan said.

"And they couldn't hit the side of a bantha." Axes stated. 

I couldn't help but snicker at his words. Bo-Katan then turned over at me. "I wish to speak to Delmira alone."

I could feel Din's bafflement as he turned his helmet over at Bo-Katan. "Whatever you can say to her, you can say to me."

I sensed his anger growing. I placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's all right. I'll catch up to you and the kids."

Din was taken back by my words. I watched as he clenched his fists before he spoke. "Fine..." 

I watched as he stormed off, taking Kaytia, Selba, and Ani with him. My heart clenched. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt him. Once we were alone, Bo-Katan spoke up. "Does he know you're a Jedi?"

"I'm not a Jedi." I replied. 

A smile appeared on Bo-Katan's face. "You remind me of someone....You look like a Jedi to me."

"I try to be like a Jedi, but I'm nothing like the Jedi I wish to be. And I've done horrible things in my past that I wish I could forget." I explained. "I want to believe that in time I'll be able to be a better person...but the past still haunts me."

Bo-Katan's eyes fell on my neck, where my scar lied. My scarf had fallen down, revealing my entire scar. Feeling insecure, I pulled my scarf up, trying to hide as much of my scar as I possibly could. Fortunately, Bo-Katan didn't mention the scar, which I was grateful for.

"You aren't the only one who's done terrible things in your past. I was once with the Watch. I did many things that were wrong." She confessed.

"What made you change?" I asked.

"I realized the side I was on was not the right one. I went against my sister and my family. But I managed to help her before she died. But I wish I could've done more." She revealed.

"I know what you mean. But unfortunately we can't change the past. I'm afraid what's done is done." I added. 

"But we can still change what's to come." She pointed out. 

I then thought of Din's words that he told me after we left Ran's space station. "Whatever you did in the past, that's not you. You're a different person, Delmira."

A smile appeared on my face. Perhaps they were both right. Once I left Bo-Katan, I found Din, Kaytia, Selba, and Ani waiting for me outside the inn. As soon as I approached them, Din spoke up. "We need to leave Selba and Kaytia somewhere safe."