Track 42. | Your Song

Trigger warning: hints of sexual assault and scenes of physical abuse.

* * *

💿
"So excuse me forgetting, but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green, or they're blue
Anyway, the thing is, what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen"

Song: Your song - Elton John.

* * *

Bowie.

"No way! I am not helping you go piss! That's where I draw the line on our friendship!" I hear Niall shout outside in the hallway of the hotel.

It's been four days since Harry was shot, we've all been told to stay in this hotel and not leave unless we really need to, we're basically on hotel arrest. I've been helping out Harry the most, today was my day off which means Niall was taking care of him, and by the sounds of it—it isn't sounding well.

I groan and roll over in my bed keeping my eyes closed as I bury my head in my pillow listening to Niall and Harry shout at each other in the next room, Niall's voice getting louder and he steps further and further into the hallway.

I keep my eyes close as it falls silent again before I hear someone hammering my door down repeatedly. I bolt up out of the bed and storm to the door, I'm going to shoot Niall, this is the second day in a row he bailed on minding Harry because he's too much work, don't get me wrong he is, but you'd think one of his best friends would be able to handle him.

"What?!" I say through gritted teeth glaring at Niall as I stand in the doorway in just a tank top and sweatpants. "Take care of him, he's acting like he's some vegetable in there!" He shouts pointing at Harry's open room door beside me. I roll my eyes and shake my head "it's my day off, have fun" I say closing the door but just as it closes Niall sticks his foot in the gap stopping the door from closing. "Please Bowie, he won't listen to anyone else" he whispers as I look at him before sighing "fine, I'll go in" I say grabbing my zip up hoodie from the closet near the door. I walk out closing the door behind me letting Elton sleep, at least one of us can.

"Thank you so much, I owe you one!" Niall says walking down the hallway to his room waving at me "yes! You do!" I shout back as he sticks his thumb up shutting his room door.

I take a deep breathe as I stand outside Harry's room. I walk in and shut the door behind me causing the whole room to fall into darkness. I walk carefully into where he's laying in his bed tapping on his phone, cigarette in the other hand.

"You're being a pain in my ass now smirky" I say drawing his attention away from his screen and on me. "Didn't ask you or anyone to mind me did I?" He says coldly as he looks back down at the small phone screen.

I've been listening to this for the past four days, he says he doesn't need help yet he can't stand to go piss, he won't admit he needs it.

"Fine, I'll just let you sit here and wallow while you piss yourself. Bye" I say heading towards the door as he huffs on the bed behind me. "You're a pain in my ass Bowie" he mumbles as I stick my middle finger up at him before I walk out the door slamming it behind me.

"Look after him, I'm done" I say angrily to Liam as he walks up the hallway holding grocery bags, he must of went and got us all food. "He doesn't listen!" He shouts after me as I walk into my hotel room "make him!" I shout back out before slamming my door.