And In My Arms, She Lies

TRIGGER WARNING! SUBSTANCE ABUSE, SELF HARM!

3rd Person POV

Even for the Luthor heir, working on the super suit the eldest Danvers sister had requested was a high-stress job as Lena tinkered with the small wirings on the boots, her eyebrows knitting together with concern of the device. She needed to ensure that it was manufactured to perfection.

She was concerned that it wouldn't work. She couldn't lose Kara, and she wouldn't let Alex onto the field if she wasn't sure that the device was safe to use, much less use in outer space.

As a wire busted, sizzling and heated, the scientist slammed her tools onto the metal table, her elbows resting on the table and her head in her hands and she massaged her temples frustratedly. 

She felt a hand on her shoulder before she whirled around, her eyes meeting a man with brown eyes, short white hair, blue skin, and three glowing dots on his forehead. He took a step back, pressing his fingers together, almost as if he were praying, yet his palms weren't pressed together.

Suddenly, he spoke, "You seem frustrated... upset, and sad. Concerned, even. What is it that is bothering you?" Lena crossed her arms over her chest, composing herself with record-speed.

"And who are you, exactly?" she asked with her firm, cold CEO voice. She had activated her full-out CEO mode, shutting out any feelings of sympathy as she stuffed her feelings into little boxes in her mind. Kara certainly wouldn't approve of Lena shutting things away in small, imaginary boxes.

The man cleared his throat, "Querl Dox. I am the twin of Brainiac 5, though I am not anything like him. I am a 12th-level intellect and I am from the Legion of Superheros from the 30th and 31st century... and you are Lena Kieran Luthor, the adoptive sister of Alexander Joseph Luthor, blood-relative to Lionel Luthor, and adoptive daughter of Lillian Luthor," Lena raised both eyebrows, her arms uncrossing over her chest.

"Well, you could have just said my name, and not my relationship with those pricks. Did you need anything?" she asked indifferently. He walked over to the work-in-progress of a super-suit, tilting his head slightly. You could practically see the gears spinning in his head as he pointed a finger in the air.

"Aha! I see what your issue is with this software embedded in the technology of the suit. You're working with a broken system, this one's a dull one. I've got one in my pocket, let me grab that real quick," he extracted a microchip from his jacket pocket, replacing the old one with the new one.

The boots started to work, glowing red and yellow before the CEO spoke, "Mr. Dox, I'm sure we can work just fine together then," Querl shook his head.

"Call me Brainy. I've been added to the task force for saving Supergirl, and I've calculated that there is a 79.3% chance that Director Danvers will fall into a coma once removed from the Phantom Zone. She insists on saving Supergirl. What is it that has you so tense?" Brainy explained. 

Lena thought for a minute before answering, "Supergirl is my girlfriend of one year. We had an argument before she had to leave, but I'm sure that that will pass over quickly as soon as we get Ka- Supergirl out," 

Brainy was about to reply back, but that was until Winn entered the room, tablet in hand as he typed away at the touchscreen before looking up at the two. He set the tablet down on a table in the lab.

"Lena, the Kryptonite's been extracted from the atmosphere. Alex is ready to leave and we're just about ready to leave," the shorter man informed the youngest Luthor. Lena nodded, picking up the super-suit.