Chapter 9 -Hogsmeade Blues-

The break in of Sirius Black became the main topic of everyone's conversations for the course of the next few weeks. Finally, Hogsmeade rolled around which seemed to put a halt to the endless talk about the mass murderer. I had gotten Lucius to sign the permission slip before school started and was eager to wonder around the small village.

However, in order to get Lucius to sign the form I had to promise him to wear a respectable outfit to show our high status. The outfit Narcissa picked out was a simple black dress with a lace pattern that trailed down the sides. She paired the outfit with tall black boots and a elegant dark green coat that fell to my mid thigh. After getting dressed,Snape instructed us where to go and shooed us away when we finally arrived.

Unfortunately, I don't have many friends in my year except for Adrian Pucey and Graham Montague . Due to this, I was left wandering around by myself which didn't bother me in the slightest. I strolled over to Honeydukes in hopes of getting some cauldron cakes for my excessive sweet tooth.

Upon entering, the sweet aroma of candy was present and laughter filled the air. Dragging my fingers along the shelves decked with jars of sweets I began to fill my arms with candy. Although I had just wanted cauldron cakes, my love for sweets took over and my arms were soon full. After purchasing the candy, I made my way over to Zonko's joke shop which was packed with students.

The shop had everything a joker such as myself could desire. I loaded my bag with every item imaginable, including Dung bombs, Hiccup Sweets, Frog Spawn Soap, and Nose-Biting Teacups. I often pull pranks on Draco and some of the Gryffindors although not nearly as much as the Weasley Twins. Speaking of the two gingers, they were no where to be seen as I scanned the shop in which they often roamed around.

Stepping out of the shops, I pulled my coat tightly around me and let out a shaky breath due to the cold. I was walking slowly admiring the snowfall when suddenly a loud noise caught my attention. Looking to my right, there was an alleyway that was dimly lit and a figure could be seen towards the end.

"Alright who ever is down there you better show yourself cause I'm really not in the mood." I clearly state with my wand pointed. Hesitantly, the figure steps out, their gaunt figure and disheveled state instantly revealing who they are.Standing in front of me is none other than the infamous Sirius Black.

My mouth is agape and my feet are frozen to the pavement as the man begins to step closer. I try to speak but all that comes out is a sound similar to being choked and I continue to be petrified in fear. Tears start to pool in my eyes and a single drop slips down my cheek as he stares pleadingly at me. Before I can register what I'm doing, I quickly let out a strangled sob and my body collapses to the ground. I clutch my head while rocking back and forth, the overwhelming fear sending me into a frenzy.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry Sirius." I wail, not even registering the fact that for some odd reason I was apologizing to the lunatic standing before me. Continuing to sob, I screw my eyes shut in hopes that he might leave me alone.

Out of nowhere, I hear someone scream the words ridikulus and I look up to see Fred Weasley turning what I thought was the real Sirius black into a clown . From behind him George secures the boggart in the wardrobe and pushes it to the side. Once they had secured the creature they both shared a nervous glance and shift their gazes back to me.

"I didn't realize -" Fred begins but is cut off as I stand up, brushing the snow off my clothes.

"You know Weasley I always knew you Gryffindors could be vile but I never expected you to stoop this low." I darkly state and turn around so that they don't see the tears threatening to spill from my eyes. With that I brush by both of them, my head down, and face tear stained from the cruel prank.