(STC) Chapter 23: No Snow

=====

This Chapter will be subject to future changes!

I apologize to those who have made it thus far,

but I plan to rewrite this chapter in the future

======

Oh, how high did you go?

Oh, how far did you reach?

If you failed would you cry? 

You can only see failure through blind eyes.

Rhodes Island's reinforcements have reached Chernobog. Most of their recon squads were under fire from the Reunion. Buildings were crumbling before them; soldiers were dying in front of them, and there seemed to be no route for escape.

Kaiser Rye was fending off a few Reunion soldiers on his own. He didn't kill them however, he simply knocked them out when they attacked him.

"Kaiser Rye we need some help here!" Amiya yelled as she deflected a spell with her Arts.

"I got you covered." Rye proclaimed as he knocked out one Reunion soldier with his shield before heading to Amiya's location.

He blocked multiple projectiles from the enemy with a barrier he created with his Arts.

"You might have to cover our rear." Rye suggested as he charged his Arts into one orb and threw it at a soldier's foot launching him.

"Madam Ch'en got us covered." Amiya said as she fired a black energy beam at a large enemy.

"I don't see her anywhere." Rye commented as he blocked a few crossbow bolts with his shield.

Ch'en came rushing in with her blades cutting down every soldier in her path. Blood emerged from her wake as the streets were stained with dead lives.

Rye looked at the dead soldiers from the carnage and froze for a few seconds before assisting her.

"I don't need your help." Ch'en asserted as Rye blocked an energy beam launched at her.

"Whatever you say..." Rye blocked a sword strike and disarmed his opponent. Then he flipped him over his shoulder with his shield before firing a beam of white at an incoming enemy.

"We have to hold our ground!" Amiya urged as Rhodes Island was slowly being pushed back.

"Heh, stay out of my way." Ch'en immediately charged at the Reunion bringing them down a lightning speed. She disappeared in the sea of soldiers.

"Hey! Where you going?" Rye asked.

He blocked multiple projectiles with his Arts and blocked a spell with his shield. He jumped on top of a soldier and propelled himself off of him, then he blindsided another. A group of casters began bombarding him with spells of all sorts. Rye blocked their Arts and sent it right back at them at breakneck speed. All of them were knocked unconscious.

"Kill him!" A new group, familiar to Kaiser Rye, appeared with heavy shields. They wore dark clothing and they were heavily armed.

"Oh shit, we're fucked." Rye exclaimed as he retreated to his team.

"Kaiser Rye?" Amiya asked. "What are you-"

"We have to get out of here! They brought the Guerilla Squad!" Rye ushered everyone to move.