04

the four sat in silence, all paying attention to the baby girl resting in jeno's arms.

the doorbell suddenly rang and taeyong immediately rushed over to open it and led the guest to kyungmi's room where they all sat.

"what do you want from me?" doyoung asked him, clearly annoyed.

taeyong cleared his throat and looked at the jeno and kyungmi, eyes asking them to explain the situation.

kyungmi began telling doyoung what happened with jeno butting in a few times. doyoung nodded his head as they spoke, clearly understanding what was happening.

"me and my girlfriend went through a similar thing." doyoung said as the two finished talking.

"you had a baby?" jaehyun asked, bewildered.

"no. we had a dog. what's happening right now is really similar to what happened with her and i." he said and the two have him a confused look.

"you two are soulmates." he finally said, to which kyungmi immediately shook his head no.

"no way. soulmates don't exist." kyungmi said earning a sigh from doyoung.

"only selected people have something like this happen to them. for you guys, it's a baby. you have to care for the baby," he said, "together."

the two shook their heads, not wanting to believe what he was saying.

"you guys have to believe me or this will be difficult for the both of you." doyoung stood up and so did taeyong and jaehyun, following doyoung out the door.

"we'll leave you two to talk." doyoung said and shut the door.

the two sat in silence before jeno spoke up.

"we should buy baby supplies and make a schedule to care for her." he said as kyungmi looked at him a bit confused.

"you may not believe this soulmate thing that much but we should care for her. she's our responsibility now." he said and kyungmi just nodded, averting her gaze to the baby in his arms.

jeno placed her into the carrier and lifted it as kyungmi stood up and followed him.

they walked out the door and to his car. jeno opened the door to the backseat and placed the baby in there, not very secure and ushered for kyungmi to sit with her, to which she quickly did and held onto the carrier, making sure it didn't fall and hurt the baby.

jeno drove to the nearest baby store and they quickly got down, placing the carrier in the spot where carriers go on the cart.

the two earned many stares, clearly being judged for being so young and having a child. they brushed off the stares and grabbed many items for a baby of her age and spent a plethora of money. the baby squealed at the sight of the two of them and smiled the most adorable smile you can imagine.

after shopping, jeno offered to drive her to her house and would take the baby for the night and the next day.

"i have a day off tomorrow so i'll take care of her. you can come over to pick her up later that night."

"okay. that sounds good since i have two shifts tomorrow." she said and jeno gave her a smile. that was one of the first smiles she's seen from him and she had to admit that it was quite adorable.

"here give me your number and i'll give you mine so then we can figure out this whole thing." he offered and she nodded. the two exchanged numbers and bid goodbye.

kyungmi had to admit she felt sad without the baby's presence. she shrugged it off and walked inside, telling her brother what happened with jeno and the baby.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

the man sighed as he watched the man depart from kyungmi with their child.

"oh children. why do i feel like this will take longer than expected. i sure hope that baby will fix things for me."

the man stared at jeno holding the baby and placing her in his bed, smiling slightly.

the baby suddenly began to cry. it was an unbearable cry which jeno was clearly shocked from.

"good job baby" the man said as he felt something great would happen soon.