CHP 40

Jimin has been laying still for the past five minutes, admiring Jeongguk's sleeping face. Each time his nose twitches, the blond lets out a small subdued giggle in hopes of not waking the policeman.

He reaches his hand out and brushes some of Jeongguk's hair out of his eyes, securing it behind his ear. He then props his head up on his palm, simply watching the brunette. Some people may find it creepy and maybe it is, but it's one thing in this world currently that he can find himself looking forward to. Waking up next to Jeongguk.

As Jimin is watching him fondly, the policeman's eyes open. He blinks a few times to adjust to the light and the second their longing gazes meet, they both smile.

"Good morning, handsome," Jimin says playfully as he reaches out to twirl a strand of Jeongguk's brown hair around his finger.

Jeongguk's smile is lazy and he's still half asleep, humming happily as he sinks his head further into the pillow. "How are you feeling?" he rasps.

A soft blush decorates Jimin's cheeks and he pulls on his bottom lip, recalling their lusty night. "I'm okay... thank you for always taking care of me afterwards..." he mumbles shyly.

Jeongguk opens his eyes and he chuckles fondly. "It's my duty to take care of you after we make love. It always is," he states while he reaches out, cupping the blond's cheek.

Jimin smiles and sinks into Jeongguk's warm palm. It isn't long before he lays down on the bed once again, curling into the policeman's side, resting his head on his chest.

"...Can I be honest with you and tell you something?" he asks quietly, running his forefinger along Jeongguk's abdomen.

Jeongguk nods his head. "Of course you can, Angel."

Jimin pulls on his bottom lip briefly, pondering thoughtfully before he decides to open his mouth. "...I don't... I don't think Haechan knows the man that shot him. I don't think he's been experimenting with drugs, either," he admits.

Jeongguk hums and runs his fingers through the man's blond hair. Jimin can hear the low sound as it vibrates against his ear.

"Why's that? Namjoon Hyung seemed pretty confident," the policeman points out.

Jimin scrunches his nose. He twists away from the man's side and lays on his belly, propping his front half up with his elbows. "...I would just know if he was. I don't really know how to explain it. But I know what he's like and how he's like. We got a lot closer over the past month. If there was a change in his behavior I would just... know, I guess," he explains rather dumbly, peering down at the covers.

Silence ensues and the blond frowns softly upon realizing the look of doubt on Jeongguk's face. He releases a bitter humph and sits up slowly, swinging his legs over the bed with crossed arms. "You don't trust me," he says monotonously.

Jeongguk lets out a small sigh and sits up, leaning against the headboard. He looks at the back of Jimin's messy head of hair. "It's not that I don't trust you. I'm just trying to consider all possibilities. Kai has been extremely quiet recently. We have no idea what his intentions are. Hell, he could be out of South Korea by this point for all we know," he brings up.

Jimin doesn't respond to him verbally and rather lowers his head, playing with his fingers. As much as he doesn't want to admit it, Jeongguk is right. It's smart to consider all possibilities and leave space open for new revelations but he can feel it in his gut that he's right. That Haechan has never taken drugs. It's just not like him to.