6

Alexandra's pov

I'm standing out front of Elena's house right now with Elle. We both put cute but casual dresses on
and even brought a dessert dish for dinner. Not going to lie, I'm a little nervous. Especially because Matt won't be able to make it. But, I feel good about tonight since everyone has made us feel so welcomed already. And, I already consider them friends of mine.

"So...are you going to knock?" Elle said.

"Are you?" I said.

"You do it" She said.

"No, you" I said and we both just stared at each other then laughed a little.

"Nervous?" She said.

"Kind of. Are you?" I said.

"A little. I just want them to like us, you know" She said.

"I'm pretty sure they do. We all get along really well. I mean, they invited us. That's a good thing, right?" I said.

"You're right. We don't have anything to worry about. It's going to go good" She said.

"Right. Love the positive attitude" I said and she smiled and rolled her eyes a little. She goes up to the door and knocks and then backs up so she's standing next to me. We wait a couple seconds and then the door is opened and we see Elena standing there.

"You guys made it! And you look great" She said smiling.

"Thanks for inviting us. I made brownies" I said holding the pan up and she smiled.

"That's so sweet. I love brownies" She said grabbing the pan from me and then let us in. "Stefan and bonnie are in the kitchen. Stefan is cooking for us tonight. I would've cooked, but I don't know how" She said laughing a little as we walked down the hallway to the kitchen.

"It's okay, I can't cook either" Elle said and they both laughed a little. I see Stefan in the kitchen putting food together and then see bonnie sitting at the table.

"Look who came" Elena said.

"Hey, guys" Bonnie said and I smiled and waved. Elena puts the brownies down and then starts talking and I look to Stefan who smiles a little.

"Hey, Alex" He said.

"Hey" I said and then stood there a little awkward. "Food looks good" I continued.

"Yeah...my mom taught me how to cook when I was younger. Comes in handy" He said and I smiled a little. I turn and notice bonnie just staring at me and then she looks away. Does she not like me?

"You guys go ahead and sit and make yourselves comfortable. Food should be done soon" Elena said and I nodded. Elle and I go and sit down at the table and I listen to everyone make small talk with each other. For some reason though, I can't get out of my head about bonnie. She seems a little distant.

•••

It's been about an hour.  Everyone is just sitting around the table talking with each other.  So far, it's been a pretty good dinner.  Elena and I are getting along well.  Stefan and I talk and it's normal, but there's still that feeling I have towards Stefan.  He is extremely nice though.  Bonnie and I have talked too, but her attitude I notice changes when it comes to Stefan.  I don't think she's distant with me...I think it's Stefan.