Chapter 01

Every girl has that moment in their life when they want to be a singer, or a princess, or even a supermodel. I was no different, but unlike most little girls, I actually got the chance to follow my dreams. Being a well-known supermodel (and aspiring actress) is amazing, yet at the same time, I've always wondered what it would be like to be a normal teenager. After months of begging, I managed to convince my parents to move us out of Los Angeles and to a smaller city where I could pretend to be normal. I knew they thought I was acting crazy, but I need to do this for myself. Don't get me wrong, I love the fame, but sometimes having paparazzi following your every move can be frustrating.

"Are you sure about this?" Mum asked as we looked at my closet.

I took in a deep breath as I stared at my expensive clothes. "Yes, I want to do this."

Mum pulled me into a warm hug and ruffled my hair. "Let me know if it's too much, we can always move back to the city and stop this charade."

I pulled back and shook my head at her words. "No, I need to do this. I need to be normal for once."

"Okay, okay!" She murmured, holding her hands up mockingly before shutting my closet doors. "You'll start at OakRidge High School tomorrow."

I watched with a frown as her eyes welled up with tears. "Why are you crying?"

"My baby is starting High School!" She sniffed, causing me to roll my eyes at her.

My bedroom door flew open as Ethan marched inside. He looked around the room and shook his head in disappointment.

"Those curtains do not go with the room." He stated, jumping onto my bed.

"Get your disgusting feet off my bed!" I hissed, chucking a throw pillow at him.

Ethan immediately chucked it back at me, causing me to shout angrily. Mum rolled her eyes and quickly left the room as Ethan and I started a violent pillow fight.

"You're a jerk." I grumbled as I rubbed my sore head.

"That's what brothers are for." He grinned, satisfied that he had hurt me.

He held his hand out to help me off the floor and I grunted in response. I swear having older brothers is the worst.

"You're actually going through with this whole... nerd charade, huh?" He spoke up as he cracked his knuckles.

"It's not a nerd charade! It's just a... normal girl charade."

Ethan shook his head at me. "Ana, the minute you let everyone see how smart you are, you'll get classified as a nerd."

I scoffed at his words. Me? A nerd? As if. We were seconds away from bickering when our eldest brother, Thomas stepped into the room.

"Tommy!" I squealed in excitement. "I didn't know you were going to be here!"

Thomas laughed as I launched myself into his arms and he squeezed me tight. "Did you really think I'd let you start High School without seeing me?"

I didn't respond as I let myself enjoy his presence. "How long are you staying for?"

"I don't start my next case for another week." Thomas answered as he ruffled Ethan's hair, effectively annoying him.

I grinned at his words. If Thomas wasn't such an amazing lawyer, I doubt he would've been able to come out and visit me. The three of us sat on my bed and talked until my dad's voice called us downstairs. I rushed out of the room as fast as I could as my brothers, and I raced to get the best seat in the living room: the brown recliner. I know it sounds ridiculous but for some reason that chair feels amazing, plus it has a great view of the TV. Mum narrowly moved out of the way as I skidded into the living room, only to find my dad already sitting in the recliner with a smirk on his face.