1. The New Gem

Steven's P.O.V.

It's been a crazy few weeks for me and the Crystal Gems. Between Lapis being fused with Jasper and Peridot on the loose, we were all on edge. Right now we were all searching an old gem temple deep in the forest to see if Peridot was hiding here. And so far, there was no signs that anyone's been here for thousands of years.

Steven: Are you sure Peridot could be hiding here? This place doesn't seem to have been used lately.

Pearl: Well, we have to be sure, we don't know if she has any plans for the old gem tech here.

Garnet: And it's better to be sure now rather than later.

Amethyst: Man, why is this place so dang dusty?

Pearl: Well what do you expect when a temple is abandoned for five thousand years?

Amethyst: I was bein' rhetorical.

So we made our way through the old temple until we found some sort of large room. We all started to look around until I accidentally stepped on a hidden floor button. Then the ground started to shake as some sort of device came out of the ground. When it had opened up, it revealed a bubbled gem to be inside.

Steven: Woah, what gem do you think is in the bubble?

Pearl: Well, we should keep it in its bubble, it's probably a corrupted gem.

Garnet: Agreed.

Steven: Are you sure?

Pearl: Steven, it's probably for the best right now until we know how to cure the corrupted gems.

Steven: Well, what if it isn't corrupted?

She was about to say something, but was at a loss for words. She must of realized that I had a point since we couldn't be certain. That's when I thought of a way we could find out.

Steven: I'm gonna pop the bubble.

Pearl: Steven, I don't know if that's a good idea.

Steven: But Pearl.....

Garnet: I think he should do it.

Steven: Really?

Garnet: But we should take precautions just in case.

Then Garnet summoned her gauntlets, Amethyst pulled out her whip, and Pearl took out her spear. And once they were all ready I popped the bubble and the gem fell into my hands. It didn't do anything for a moment, then it started to glow and float in the air. So I stood over by the others as the gem started to take form. But the form it started to take had completely confused and surprised us.

The gem started to take the appearance of a male teenager. He had short, light green hair, a dark green shirt and pair of pants, had a green shirt, a pair of dark green shoes, and he also had some tannish-green skin.

Steven: Wait, Pearl, is that a male gem? I thought I was the only one.

Pearl: I thought so too, but I've never heard of a male gem before.

Garnet: Get ready, he's taking form.

Once the light had gone away, the gem fell to the ground with a thud. After a moment of silence, he let out a sigh of relief, it made me wonder what he was doing in here.