Chapter 1

I stepped down from the bus and checked my watch. It was 7:45 already? Shit!! We were late again today.

'That's what you get for waking up after Fajr'

My conscience mocked me. Yep! I was guilty for that. We fast paced through the bus stop to reach the college gate. Neha lifted her abaya slightly and almost ran through the puddled road.

"Tsk...tsk...tsk... Yeh ladki ko dekho. Burkha pehenti hi q hai jab puri salwar dikhani hai?"
(Look at this girl! What's the use of wearing a burkha when you're showing your salwar from below)" I scolded.

"Shut up" she said walking away ahead of us. Afreen and Sana walked with me.

"Ashna would already be in the class by now and maybe Nadia as well" I said.

"Isliye zara jaldi uthne ka na ..Bas Kumbh Karan ki tarah sona hi chahiye teko.." (That's why need to wake up a bit early! You just want to sleep like Kumbh Karan). Neha yelled

"Aree! meko raat ko nind hi nai aati Yaar. 2 baje soyi mai kal raat ko"
(Hey! I can't sleep at night dude. Last night too I slept at 2am) I defended myself.

"Nothing new!" Neha spat back

"Ab chalo jaldi . Ma'am ka ab tak half Economics ka chapter sikha kar bhi hua hoga. (Not walk faster! Ma'am must've already completed teaching half of the Economics chapter) " Sana scolded.

"We won't get Attendance sheet though" Afreen scowled. All our faces dropped at that realisation.

As we reached the gate we saw Nadia's mom leaving . She smiled at us and we smiled back.

"Nadia!!" Neha yelled from the gate loud enough to make every late student's head turn along with Nadia.

"Ha Neha aur zor se chilla! Shayad Ma'am bhi aa jaaye tujhse milne" I mocked. (Yeah Neha! Scream a little louder. Maybe even ma'am might come down hearing you!)
The spectators were smiling weirdly at us a lot all thanks to Neha Ji.

Nadia waited for us till we caught up.

"How come you're this late today?"

"Aree haha, I sort off lost track of time today...Nevermind let's leave."she said smiling sheepishly and started walking. We reached the stairs and suddenly Nadia stopped.

"Oye. Let's skip the lecture. Already it's too late and we not by any chance are getting attendance sheet" she pouted.

"Yeh dekho!" (look at this!)Sana facepalmed.

"She just wants a reason!!" Afreen continued and Nadia whined.

"Your attendance must be pretty good not ours. You can go to LR(ladies room). We must attend the lecture." I said rushing up.

"Fir mai bhi kya karu akeli . Chalo chalte hai class me (then what should I do alone. Let's go to class)" Nadia said frowning and we all rushed to the class.

As usual Ma'am was already in the class and dictating the notes to the students. She watched us enter and literally paused till we immediately took our seats on the first two benches near the door. We didn't want her to wait longer and watch us even more intently as we walk past her and take our seats in the middle row as it was our usual place. She continued after we all sat. I'm kinda the center of attention for all the professors. It feels awkwardly good but it is also intimidating at times especially like this...

I checked the books of the girls behind me to see how much was given. We almost gasped to see that almost 4 pages of notes were dictated. It had just been like 15 mins?! I quickly returned the book as Ma'am began dictating again. Thankfully we did get the attendance sheet by the end of the lecture.